Money Transfer Platforms Market - Introduction
- Money transfer platforms are electronic means of transferring money. Both the payer and the payee use digital modes to send and receive money in digital payments. Customers can self-serve and pay invoices from anywhere at any time using digital payments.
- Rising integration of digital payment platforms in the SMEs and standalone business is a key factor that is estimated to drive the demand for money transfer platforms in the near future. For instance, according to a Credit Suisse survey, India's digital payments market is currently valued at US$ 300 billion, and it is estimated to reach US$ 5 trillion by 2025. Digital payment companies such Google Pay and PayPal are continuously enhancing features of their money transfer platforms, which is boosting customer satisfaction.
Key Drivers of Money Transfer Platforms Market
- Rise in payment automation is a major factor that is projected to fuel the demand for money transfer platforms in the near future. Several techno-friendly customers across the globe have shifted to digital money platforms. This, in turn, is estimated to increase the demand for money transfer platforms in the next few years. Moreover, digital money platforms save time and money of customers. Residents of numerous rural and semi-rural areas are being drawn to urban areas owing to rapid urbanization and industrialization. Many people are relocating in search of work or education.
- Increase in adoption of smartphones in developed economies offers opportunity to the money transfer platforms market. Major benefit of mobile transfer money is that it secures the money from theft. Furthermore, the market is expected to benefit from an increase in the use of NFC and RFID technology in mobile payments, as well as a rise in the demand for fast and painless transaction services. For instance, according to GSMA, global smartphone adoption reached 60% in 2018, and it is expected to reach 85% by 2025.
- However, lack of awareness in developing economies is expected to hamper the money transfer platforms market
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Money Transfer Platforms Market
The COVID-19 pandemic adversely affected all industries, except online shopping and e-commerce. During the pandemic, customers all over the world moved from offline shopping to online shopping. Customers are also turning to digital wallets, as they are highly effective, fast, and convenient ways to send money abroad since the lockdown began. All financial institutions and banks have shifted to digital platforms during the pandemic, as they enable banks to maintain social distance, which results in minimizing the spreading of the corona virus.
North America Accounts for Dominant Share of Global Money Transfer Platforms Market
- North America accounted for a prominent share of the global money transfer platforms market. Rising expansion of the industrial sector is a key factor that drives the demand for money transfer platforms. Furthermore, the U.S. is a prominent contributor to digital advertising, as it the base for companies such as TransferWise Ltd., Wirecard, PayPal Holdings, Inc, and Financial Software & Systems Pvt. Ltd. For instance, in December 2020, PayPal holdings, Inc. introduced 24×7 RTGS money transfer platform. This platform supports high value transactions, which enables businesses to transfer vast sums of money to their vendors, employees, and business partners. The major benefits of this service is that it saves time and money of SME and large businesses. Furthermore, enterprises are adopting money transfer platforms, as they also offer security-related benefits. Money transfer platforms solutions also help businesses to improve their security, which results in boosting customer satisfaction.
- The money transfer platforms market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a notable CAGR during the forecast period. Rise in number standalone businesses is a major factor that is anticipated to propel the demand for money transfer platforms in the near future. Additionally, increase in government campaigns for digital platforms is another factor that is projected to drive the demand for money transfer platforms.
Key Players Operating in Global Money Transfer Platforms Market
Companies active in providing money transfer platforms are increasingly spending on research and development, which in turn is expected to increase the demand for money transfer platforms in the next few years. The market is diversified with the presence of numerous manufacturers across the globe. Key players operating in the global money transfer platforms market include:
- Azimo Limited
- Global Payments Inc.
- TransferWise Ltd.
- ACI Worldwide, Inc.
- Financial Software & Systems Pvt. Ltd.
- Digital Wallet Corporation
- Western Union Holdings, Inc.
- PayPal Holdings, Inc.
- Remit One Ltd
Global Money Transfer Platforms Market: Research Scope
Global Money Transfer Platforms Market, by Component
Global Money Transfer Platforms Market, by Deployment Mode
Global Money Transfer Platforms Market, by Enterprise Size
- Large Enterprise
- Small & Medium Enterprises
Global Money Transfer Platforms Market, by Industry Vertical
- IT & Telecom
- Retail & E-commerce
- Media & Entertainment
Global Money Transfer Platforms Market Segmentation, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Service Software Management
- Software Management
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.