Mold Release Agents Market: Introduction
- Mold release agents have excellent lubricating and cooling properties, anticorrosion and antibacterial properties, and high stability and effectiveness at high mold temperatures. Due to these properties, they are widely used in the die-casting industry.
- Growth of industries such as PU molding, rubber molding, plastic molding, composite molding, wood composite & panel pressing, and concrete in Asia Pacific is expected to drive the mold release agents market in the region during the forecast period
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Mold Release Agents Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Global Mold Release Agents Market
- The global mold release agents market is driven by growth of the global die-casting and molding industries. Factors such as increase in urban population, rise in the demand for casting parts, and growth of rubber molding activities in the automotive industry have propelled the global mold release agents market.
- Use of mold release agents significantly reduces the operational costs and time and increases the output by multiple times. Furthermore, mold release agents also offer greater surface finish and eliminate the issue of porosity.
- With growing number of environment-related regulations to curb emissions of volatile organic compounds (VOCs), various key manufacturers are focusing on the development of eco-friendly mold release agents with the lower level of emissions of volatile organic compounds.
Water-based Mold Release Agents Segment to Witness Attractive Opportunities
- In terms of volume and value, water-based mold release agents is projected to be a rapidly expanding segment of the global mold release agents market during the forecast period, owing to increasing awareness about use of eco-friendly products.
- Water-based mold release agents are also non-flammable, due to which they are widely used in the molding industry
- Among applications, the PU molding segment is estimated to dominate the global mold release agents market during the forecast period. Increasing demand for PU for use in various applications, such as furniture, bedding, automotive seating, interior spaces of automobiles, and footwear soles, is driving the segment.
Availability of Substitutes Likely to Hamper Market
- The global mold release agents market is significantly hampered by easy availability of alternative nonstick coatings, which provide better surface finish and reduce the porosity. Also, governments of various countries across the world have imposed stringent regulations on emissions of volatile organic compounds. This, in turn, is forcing manufacturers to switch to alternative mold release agents.
- Another factor affecting growth of the global mold release agents market is fluctuating raw material prices
Asia Pacific to Hold a Major Share of Global Mold Release Agents Market
- Demand for mold release agents is estimated to be high in the die-casting industry in Asia Pacific during the forecast period, owing to growth of the automotive industry in countries such as China, India, and Indonesia
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to account for a leading share of the global mold release agents market during the forecast period, owing to presence of a large number of manufacturers, such as TAG Chemical India Pvt. Ltd. (India), Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd. (Japan), and Daikin Industries Ltd. (Japan), in the region.
- Rising consumer spending on automotive and construction sectors and growing population are projected to boost the rubber molding industry in Asia Pacific from 2019 to 2027. This, in turn, is expected to promote growth of the mold release agents market in the region during the forecast period. China holds a major share of the Asia pacific market and it is also anticipated to be a rapidly expanding market in the region between 2019 and 2027.
- Middle East & Africa is anticipated to be the most rapidly expanding market for mold release agents during the forecast period. The market in the region is undergoing the developing stage and key players are heavily investing in the market in this region so as to expand their presence in the region.
To Get a Bird’s Eye View of Mold Release Agents Market Forecast, Ask for a Custom Report
- A large number of players operate in the global mold release agents market. However, the global market is witnessing an increasing shift toward consolidation. This can be ascribed to mergers and acquisitions by major companies operating in the U.S. and Europe in order to capitalize on untapped potential of the Asia Pacific and Africa markets.
- On June 17, 2019, Henkel showcased its new Bonderite product at ‘GIFA 2019’, an event held at Düsseldorf, Germany. The product is developed for die-casting solutions employed for cleaning, lubricating, surface treatment, and bonding.
- In 2017, Chem-Trend acquired the mold release agents business of Rubio Trading & Consulting SRL, a company based in Arad, Romania. The acquisition has helped the company gain higher market share in the mold release agents market in Eastern Europe.
Key Players Operating in Global Mold Release Agents Market
Key players operating in the global mold release agents market are:
- Chem-Trend L.P.
- Henkel Ag & Co. KGaA
- Croda International PLC
- LANXESS Group
- Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Daikin Industries, Ltd.
- Michelman, Inc.
- Marbocote Limited
- Mcgee Industries, Inc.
- Miller-Stephenson, Inc.
- TAG Chemicals GmbH
- LORD Corporation
- AGC Seimi Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Ampacet Corporation
- BCC Products, Inc.
- ChUKyo Group
- Cresset Chemical Company
- Dow, Inc.
- Illinois Tool Works, Inc.
Global Mold Release Agents Market: Research Scope
Global Mold Release Agents Market, by Type
- Water-based Mold Release Agents
- Solvent-based Mold Release Agents
Global Mold Release Agents Market, by Application
- Pu Molding
- Rubber Molding
- Plastic Molding
- Composite Molding
- Wood Composite & Panel Pressing
Global Mold Release Agents Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.