Modular Uninterrupted Power Supply System: Introduction
- Modular uninterrupted power supply system is a rack type enclosure that includes battery cabinet in a separate rack or at its bottom. It also includes hot swappable modules.
- Modular uninterrupted power supply system offers various advantages such as greater efficiency, higher input power factor, lower input current harmonic distortion (THDi), reduced capital and operating costs, lower audible noise, and enhanced battery life
- Modular uninterrupted power supply system allows a user to change any of the failed modules without shutting down the whole system
Key Drivers and Restraints of Modular Uninterrupted Power Supply System Market
- Increase in demand for energy efficient, compact, and economical uninterrupted power supply system in various end-use industries such as telecommunication, BFSI, manufacturing, and data centers in developing and developed economies is expected to drive the global modular uninterrupted power supply system market. Modular UPS system provides secure power with high efficiency. It is economical in terms of cost. These features of modular UPS make its adoption preferable over alternate technologies.
- Modular uninterrupted power supply system requires minimal service and maintenance over traditional vertical (tower type) structure UPS. These features of modular uninterrupted power supply system are projected to boost the global modular uninterrupted power supply system market between 2020 and 2030. Modular uninterrupted power supply system can lower the maintenance cost by up to 10%.
- Technological innovation in design of modular uninterrupted power supply system to optimize efficiency is projected to propel the global modular uninterrupted power supply system market between 2020 and 2030. However, lack of awareness about the benefits associated with the modular UPS system in developing countries is hampering the modular uninterrupted power supply system market.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
Governments of various countries have imposed restrictions on the movement of individuals and economic activities to limit the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic. As a result, the manufacturing sector had to halt production activities. The manufacturing sector is one of the major end-users of uninterrupted power supply system, as the system is used to provide continuous power supply for proper functioning of equipment at facilities. Thus, disruption in operation of manufacturing facilities is expected to hamper the demand for modular uninterrupted power supply system in the market.
Data Center Segment Expected to Hold Prominent Share of Global Market
- The global modular uninterrupted power supply system market can be segmented based on end-user, power capacity, and region
- Based on end-user, the global modular uninterrupted power supply system market can be segregated into data centers, industrial, telecommunication, commercial, BFSI, infrastructure, and others. Modulated modular uninterrupted power supply system is extensively used in data centers, as it offers higher energy efficiency than the conventional UPS. A modular uninterrupted power supply system uses approximately 5% less power than a conventional UPS.
- Based on power capacity, the global modular uninterrupted power supply system market can be segregated into 0-50kVA, 51-100kVA, 101-300kVA, and above 300kVA
North America Expected to Constitute Major Share of Global Modular Uninterrupted Power Supply System Market
- In terms of region, the global modular uninterrupted power supply system market can be divided into Middle East & Africa, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and North America
- North America is projected to hold prominent share of the global modular uninterrupted power supply system market during the forecast period due to increase in adoption of data centers. Modular uninterrupted power supply system is extensively used in data centers, as it significantly reduces the operating cost of data centers.
- Europe is likely to be a stable region of the global modular uninterrupted power supply system market during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to rise in demand for continuous power supply in several end-use industries such as health care, education, corporate, and government in developed economies such as Germany and the U.K. in the region
- The modular uninterrupted power supply system market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period due to rise in investment in development of data centers in developing economies such as India. For instance, in November 2020, Amazon announced plans to build a data center in Hyderabad, India, worth US$ 2.8 Bn.
- The modular uninterrupted power supply system market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is anticipated to expand during the forecast period due to technological innovations in design of uninterrupted power supply systems
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Leading companies operating in the global modular uninterrupted power supply system market include:
- AEG Power Solutions
- Sicon Chat Union Electric Co.,Ltd.
- Delta Power Solutions
- Helios Power Solutions
- Vertiv Group Corp.
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- Pyramid Electronics
- Specialist Power
Global Modular Uninterrupted Power Supply System Market: Research Scope
Global Modular Uninterrupted Power Supply System Market, by End-user
- Data Centers
Global Modular Uninterrupted Power Supply System Market, by Power Capacity
- Above 300kVA
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.