Modular Biogas Plant: Introduction
- Biogas is produced from anaerobic digestion of biodegradable organic matter or biomass. Modular biogas plant provides electricity, heat, organic fertilizers, and CNG. Furthermore, modular biogas plant has the highest energy recovery among all types of biomass projects.
- Modular biogas plant can be installed in a remote location that lacks grid connectivity in order to provide eco-friendly electricity and heat. Companies are increasingly investing in the development of highly efficient modular biogas plants.
Key Drivers of Global Modular Biogas Plant Market
- Energy security has been a major concern around the world since the last few years. Countries are focusing on energy security due to the significant rise in demand for electricity. This rise in demand for electricity can be ascribed to robust economic expansion, population growth, increase in income of consumers, and discovery of new uses of energy. Crude oil and coal are still the leading natural resources preferred by power and automotive industries. However, countries can use modular biogas plants as substitutes for crude oil and coal. This can help reduce the dependence on crude oil and coal. Thus, increase in focus on enhancing energy security is expected to drive the global modular biogas plant market.
- Implementation of stringent rules and regulations to minimize carbon emission and greenhouse gases is another key factor driving the modular biogas plant market. This has encouraged companies to focus on better, cleaner, and inexpensive fuel. Modular biogas plant is a cleaner and cost-effective solution. Furthermore, biogas plant helps in management of waste.
Global Modular Biogas Plant Market: Segmentation
- The global modular biogas plant market can be segmented based on feedstock, capacity, and application
- In terms of feedstock, the global modular biogas plant market can be classified into organic residue, municipal waste, and others. The municipal waste segment is expected to dominate the global modular biogas plant market during the forecast period.
- Based on capacity, the global modular biogas plant market can be segregated into less than 500 tons, 500 tons - 1000 tons, 1000 tons - 1500 tons, and more than 1500 tons. Demand for modular biogas plants is estimated to increase in the 1000 tons - 1500 tons segment due to higher use in various end-user industries.
- Based on application, the global market can be classified into electricity generation, biofuel production, and heat generation. The electricity generation segment is expected to lead the market during the forecast period, as demand for electricity has been rising exponentially across the world.
Global Modular Biogas Plant Market: Regional Segmentation
- Based on region, the global modular biogas plant market can be split into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global modular biogas plant market in 2019. The region is expected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period, owing to government regulations to lower carbon emissions in the region.
- The market in Asia Pacific and Europe is likely to expand significantly during the forecast period owing to rapid increase in investment in the manufacture of modular biogas plants in countries such as China, India, Germany, and the U.K.
- Latin America is estimated to be a key region of the global modular biogas plant market in the near future. Governments of Brazil and Mexico are promoting the use of modular biogas plants for electricity generation. This is anticipated to propel the market in the region during the forecast period.
- The modular biogas plant market in Middle East & Africa is anticipated to expand at a steady pace during the forecast period. Rise in investments in the production of bio-based energy is expected to drive the modular biogas plant market in the region in the near future.
COVID-19 Impact on Modular Biogas Plant Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has adversely affected the global power industry. Demand for modular biogas plants was hampered initially due to the lockdowns imposed by governments of various countries. However, relaxation of the lockdowns in many countries is estimated to boost the demand for modular biogas plants. Therefore, the global modular biogas plant market is expect to recover in the near future.
Key Players Operating in Global Modular Biogas Plant Market
- Schmack Biogas Srl
- SP ECO FUEL
- Cleanergy Tech Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
- WELTEC BIOPOWER GMBH
- EnviTec Biogas AG
Global Modular Biogas Plant Market: Research Scope
Global Modular Biogas Plant Market, by Feedstock
- Organic Residue
- Municipal Waste
Global Modular Biogas Plant Market, by Capacity
- Less Than 500
- 500 Tons - 1000 Tons
- 1000 Tons - 1500 Tons
- More than 1500 Tons
Global Modular Biogas Plant Market, by Application
- Electricity Generation
- Biofuel Production
- Heat Generation
The Global Modular Biogas Plant Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa