Modular Automation & Services Market: Introduction
- Modular automation is a technology that enables the plug & produce concept, wherein a production cell is designed in modules. These modules have local automation and they can be operated fully autonomously.
- The process automation is based on several intelligent modules that are organized by a modular-enabled process control system. The system controls the production flow between modules by controlling the service in the intelligent module and interlocking module services against each other.
- Module design and orchestration design are major tools of modular automation. Module design allows design of automation for intelligent modules, while orchestration design helps maintain a library of modular type packages (MTPs), which can later be configured by using a drag & drop approach and connecting the necessary links between each of the modules.
- The modular type package is a standardized description of the XML file defining the module in its automation aspects to the orchestration, such as the service providing module, communication, human machine interface (HMI) description, and maintenance information
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Drivers of Global Modular Automation & Services Market
- Modular automation and services witness high demand in the global industrial sector. Modular automation helps the process control system trigger the overall production process; collect the feedback of services; handle the information; and give commands for each process module. This helps increase the rate of production with high precision and zero defects.
- However, high initial investments can act as a restraining factor for the global modular automation & services market during the forecast period
- On June 29, 2018, Modular Automation started assessing the capabilities of the Meca500 industrial robot arm at its technology center to manufacture a small and ultra-compact version of the same. The new, ultra-compact, six-axis robot arm can fit in the palm and is more than twice smaller than other small industrial robots. It is equipped with zero-backlash speed reducers and high-resolution encoders that boast a repeatability of 0.005 mm, which makes the robot arm perfect for use in precision-based applications. Moreover, it weighs just 4.5 kilograms, as each of its structural components have been precision machined and assembled from aluminum.
Europe to Hold a Major Share of Global Modular Automation & Services Market
- Based on region, the global modular automation & services market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe is anticipated to dominate the global modular automation & services market during the forecast period, as the region has a well-established and developed industrial sector. The region largely focuses on process automation, operational technology, and research and development activities.
- Moreover, the region has high labor costs, owing to which a high level of automation is required
- North America is anticipated to account for a considerable share of the global modular automation & services market during the forecast period. This region also has a well-established industrial sector.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to be a highly attractive market for modular automation & services in the next few years. Investments in the industrial sector in the region are rising at a rapid pace. Countries in the region such as China, Japan, and India are among hubs for various products and industrial processes. India and China has the maximum potential for technologically automatable employment, wherein the technology is at a stage of development and it is a feasible substitute for a specific job.
- The modular automation & services market in Middle East & Africa and Latin America is estimated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, owing to increasing investments in industrial development and automation, especially in oil & gas and automobile sectors in these regions
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players in Global Modular Automation & Services Market
- Modular Automation
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- Festo Corporation
- TUNKERS Maschinenbau GmbH
Global Modular Automation & Services Market: Research Scope
Global Modular Automation & Services Market, by Application
- Food & Beverages
- Printing & Packaging
Global Modular Automation & Services Market, by Service
Global Modular Automation & Services Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.