Mobile Transformer Rental Market: Overview
- Mobile transformer is a specifically designed transformer installed on a mobile substation trolley. Mobile substation is a trailer-mounted substation, which consists of a power transformer, surge arresters, protection and control equipment, switchgear, AC and DC auxiliary power, and control systems. It can be installed in a limited space, since it is trailer-mounted. Furthermore, it can be easily relocated.
- Transformer is a major equipment in a mobile substation. It is costlier than any other equipment. The primary criteria of designing a mobile transformer is to maintain all the required parameters of the transformer within specific limit. Companies need to strive to reduce size, weight, and cost of the transformer; and increase its compactness.
Key Drivers of Mobile Transformer Rental Market
- The primary purpose of using mobile substations is to guarantee quick restoration of power supply after any major fault. Substations play a vital role in transmission and distribution of electric power across the grid. Interruption can be caused by a number of events outside the control of utilities, grid operators, and industries. These include equipment breakdown and natural events such as lightning, flood, and earthquake. Interruption can be planned for operational requirements such as maintenance and refurbishment. Hence, demand for mobile substations rental is high in order to keep the grid operational and safe. This is boosting the mobile transformer rental market.
To clarify your doubts about the report on Mobile Transformer Rental Market, Request a Brochure here
Utilities Application Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- The global mobile transformer rental market can be segmented based on type, power rating, application, and region. In terms of type, the market can be segregated into single-phase mobile transformer and three-phase mobile transformer. The three-phase distribution transformer segment accounted for dominant share of the market in 2018.
- Based on power rating, the global mobile transformer rental market can be divided into up to 10 MVA, 11 MVA–25 MVA, and above 25 MVA. The above 25 MVA segment dominated the global mobile transformer rental market in 2018. It is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Mobile substations with above 25 MVA power rating are suitable for all applications (including infrastructure and industrial). Hence, the segment is expanding at a rapid pace.
- Based on application, the global mobile transformer rental market can be segmented into utilities, infrastructure, industrial, and others. The utilities segment dominated the global market in 2018. It is projected to be a rapidly expanding application segment during the forecast period. Infrastructure is another important application segment of the market. It is estimated to expand significantly during the forecast period. Growth in investment in the global infrastructure sector is estimated to drive the global mobile transformer rental market.
Europe Expected to Hold Major Share of Global Mobile Transformer Rental Market
- Based on region, the global mobile transformer rental market can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Middle East & Africa was the major region of the global mobile transformer rental market in 2018. It is rich in natural resources such as oil, gas, and metals. Significant growth in oil & gas and mining activities is boosting the demand for mobile transformer and substations in the region. In June 2018, ABB received orders from the Ministry of Electricity of Iraq to deliver five fixed and 15 mobile 132-kV substations to strengthen the power grid and provide electricity to central parts of Iraq.
- Asia Pacific is another vital region of the global mobile transformer rental market. Demand for power in the region has increased substantially due to the rise in population and growth of the industrial sector. This has resulted in higher need for proper power transmission and distribution to ensure uninterrupted power supply. Mobile transformer rental can offer a cost-effective solution in this regard.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Mobile Transformer Rental Market, ask for a customized report
Key Players in Mobile Transformer Rental Market
The global mobile transformer rental market is highly concentrated, with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 40% to 45% share. Key players operating in the global mobile transformer rental market include:
- TecQuipment Ltd
- CG Global
- Delta Star Inc.
- Jordan Transformers
- Elgin Power Solutions
- Atlas Electric, Inc.
- Sunbelt Transformer, Ltd.
- In March 2019, VRT Power, an Israel-based manufacturer of transformer, shipped two mobile substations to North America. The company had previously signed a five-year framework agreement for the design and supply of mobile substations with one of the major utilities in North America.
- In July 2017, Loeriesfontein Wind Farm, based in the Northern Cape (South Africa), used a mobile transformer to allow for an early connection to the grid for the commissioning of turbines. This was a temporary solution until the wind farm could connect to the Helios substation, which is the permanent grid connection.
Global Mobile Transformer Rental Market: Research Scope
Global Mobile Transformer Rental Market, by Type
- Single-phase Mobile Transformer
- Three-phase Mobile Transformer
Global Mobile Transformer Rental Market, by Power Rating
- Up To 10 MVA
- 11 MVA–25 MVA
- Above 25 MVA
Global Mobile Transformer Rental Market, by Application
Global Mobile Transformer Rental Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.