Global Mobile Laboratory Market for Mining: Introduction
- The global mining industry is shifting its focus toward the mobile technology. The mobile technology has played a major role spanning from innovative solutions to increase in productivity for various industries such as oil & gas, automotive, and aerospace & defense. Mobile technologies have various direct as well as indirect benefits, which range from streamlining of functions across an organization and the ability to operate, monitor, and manage remote sites at a lowered level of risk.
- Mobile laboratories provide onsite testing and analysis, which offers benefits such as quick turnaround of accurate and reliable analytical data and reduced shipping costs. Furthermore, on-site laboratory services allow selection of the best-suited design, equipment, and staff.
- Companies are focusing on the development of more advanced mobile laboratories, which can help achieve high productivity and reduce timelines
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Drivers and Restraints Global Mobile Laboratory Market for Mining
- Rapid globalization and industrialization is a key driver of the global mobile laboratory market for mining. Demand for minerals and metals is rising significantly across the world, which is augmenting the production from mines and exploration of new mines. This, in turn, gives rise to high demand for mobile laboratories. Thus, rapid globalization and industrialization is expected to drive the global mobile laboratory market for mining during the forecast period.
- Laboratories are mobile and compact, which allows users to move them as per the requirement. Furthermore, these laboratories are able to reduce the time required for testing and analysis of minerals and metals. These qualities of mobile laboratories are expected to drive the global mobile laboratory market for mining during the forecast period.
- High initial investments required for establishment of mobile laboratories is a major restraint of the global mobile laboratory market for mining. Mining companies hesitate to invest in mobile laboratories, as the equipment required are costly. Thus, high initial investments is a major restraint of the global mobile laboratory market for mining.
Global Mobile Laboratory Market for Mining: Segmentation
- The global mobile laboratory market for mining can be segmented based on type and end-user
- Based on type, the global mobile laboratory market for mining can be segmented into truck-mounted laboratory, container-based laboratory, and others. The truck-mounted laboratory segment is anticipated to expand significantly during the forecast period, due to ease of mobility offered by truck-mounted laboratories.
- In terms of end-user, the global mobile laboratory market for mining can be segmented into open-pit mining and underground mining. The underground mining segment dominated the global market in 2018 and the trend is expected to continue throughout the forecast period. The underground mining segment has witnessed high investments over the last few years, due to high demand for minerals and metals. Hence, the underground mining is expected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period.
Global Mobile Laboratory Market for Mining: Regional Segmentation
- Based on region, the global mobile laboratory market for mining can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is likely to dominate the global mobile laboratory market for mining during the forecast period, due to increase in the demand for various metals from industries in the region. In the U.S., the demand for mobile laboratories is rising in the underground segment. This rise in the demand can be ascribed to rapid industrialization and urbanization in the country.
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a significant CAGR during the forecast period. Rise in the disposal income of people and high investments by governments in infrastructure projects in the region are expected to boost the mining industry in the region. This, in turn, is estimated to augment the demand for mobile laboratories in mining in Asia Pacific during the forecast period. China and India are major contributors to the market in Asia Pacific.
- The market in Europe is projected witness sluggish growth in the near future. A key reason for this is stringent government rules and regulations regarding the mining industry.
- In terms of revenue, Latin America and Asia Pacific are expected to contribute significantly to the global market for mobile laboratory for mining in the near future, due to rising investments in the mining industry in these regions. These regions present high growth potential to the mobile laboratory market for mining, due to presence of a large number of mines in these regions.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
- SGS SA
- AMETEK Inc.
- ALS Limited
- Intertek Group plc
Global Mobile Laboratory Market for Mining: Research Scope
Global Mobile Laboratory Market for Mining, by Type
- Truck-mounted Laboratory
- Container-based Laboratory
- Others (Including Van Laboratories and Trailer Laboratories)
Global Mobile Laboratory Market for Mining, by End-user
- Open-pit Mines
- Underground Mines
Global Mobile Laboratory Market for Mining, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!