Mobile Fuel Pumps Market: Introduction
- Mobile fuel pump is a small transportable facility, which is used to refuel vehicles. These portable fuel stations can be moved to any desired location. Thus, they are also called mobile fuel stations.
- These stations consume small space as compared to conventional fuel stations
- Mobile fuel pumps have been implemented as pilot projects in certain countries and are an emerging trend in the energy sector
Key Drivers and Restraint of Mobile Fuel Pumps Market
- Rise in demand for oil and gas due to industrialization, urbanization, and population growth is driving the demand for mobile fuel pumps
- Mobile fuel stations are a promising alternative to conventional fuel stations, as the latter are not only more expensive, but also take more time and space to construct. Space is not a constraint for a mobile fuel station, as it can be moved either in a trailer or shipped to any desired location. Furthermore, it can be easily installed. These factors are expected to drive the mobile fuel pumps market.
- Consumption of natural gas has been increasing in the global energy landscape. According to Royal Dutch Shell PLC, demand for natural gas is expected to reach more than 4,500 Bm^3/y by 2035, up from 3,600 Bm^3/y in 2018. This provides lucrative opportunities for the mobile fuel pumps market. However, growth in trend of electric vehicles in China and Europe is restraining the global mobile fuel pumps market.
LNG Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities to Global Mobile Fuel Pumps Market
- The global mobile fuel pumps market can be segmented in terms of fuel type, application, and region
- Based on fuel type, the global Mobile Fuel Pumps Market can be classified into gasoline, diesel, biofuel, LNG, and others. The LNG segment is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. LNG offers various advantages over gasoline and diesel. Thus, rise in number of natural gas-based vehicles across the globe is anticipated to boost the demand for mobile gas pumps in the near future. The biofuel segment is also expected to contribute significantly to the global mobile fuel pumps market during the forecast period.
- Based on application, the global mobile fuel pumps market can be divided into residential & commercial, industrial, and automotive. The automotive segment dominated the global mobile fuel pumps market during the forecast period.
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Mobile Fuel Pumps Market
- Based on region, the global mobile fuel pumps market can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global mobile fuel pumps market in 2018. This trend is estimated to continue during the forecast period. Increase in trend of mobile fuel pumps in the U.S. and Canada is propelling the market in the region.
- The U.S. is the major country of the market in North America. According to the International Organization of Motor Vehicle Manufacturers, more than 17 million vehicles were sold in the U.S. in 2018.
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. In terms of revenue, China, Japan, and Australia are major contributors to the mobile fuel pumps market in the region. Portable petrol and gas pumps are still in the nascent stage in India. Alinz Portable Petrol Pump Private Ltd has received approval from the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas to manufacture these pumps. The company announced that it has tied up with the Czech Republic-based PetroCard to set up four manufacturing units in India with an investment of US$ 233 Mn (Rs. 1,600 Crore) to make machines for such pumps.
- Recently, Qatar launched 15 portable fuel stations in and around the city of Doha. These portable fuel stations are installed at places where demand for petroleum products such as gasoline and diesel is high. These stations are mounted on skids that can be connected to trucks and transported to any location.
Key Players Operating in Global Mobile Fuel Pumps Market
The global mobile fuel pumps market is highly concentrated, with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 40% to 45% share. Key players operating in the global mobile fuel pumps market include:
- Neogi Technologies and Research Private Limited
- Mobile Portable Pump
- Krampitz Tanksystem GmbH
- Alinz Portable Petrol Pump Private Ltd
Global Mobile Fuel Pumps Market: Research Scope
Global Mobile Fuel Pumps Market, by Fuel Type
Global Mobile Fuel Pumps Market, by Application
- Residential & Commercial
Global Mobile Fuel Pumps Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa