Global Mobile Data Terminals (MDT) Market – Introduction
- A mobile data terminal is a computerized device, mounted on transit devices or systems to communicate with a centralized control system. Mobile data terminals are mainly used in courier vehicles, commercial trucking fleets, and service trucks. It can also be used in warehouse inventory and military logistics management. Additionally, it is mounted on emergency vehicles such as ambulance and police vehicles to communicate with a central office.
- Mobile data terminals are equipped with advance technologies which provide information about geographic locations and displays a map on the devices on which they are mounted. Mobile data terminals provide real time tracking of vehicles and also gives real-time notifications, alerts, warnings, sirens etc. Moreover, mobile data terminals offer various advantages such as lower inventory and operating cost and increased operational efficiency.
- As mobile data terminals get upgraded, their features and applications also increase. Mobile data terminals can now provide the temperature status of the vehicle and send an alert message to the driver in case of an emergency. Moreover, mobile data terminals show the most fuel-efficient route to the driver, which helps them in reducing the transportation cost. Additionally, it avoids late delivery of the goods by displaying the shortest route to drivers; it also eliminates the risk of accidents in the sea. Mobile data terminal systems provide blue light control, ANPR (automatic number plate recognition), GPS tracking, and DVR (Digital Video Recording) features as well.
- Mobile data terminals are integrated with software, which helps transit agencies to operate more effectively with fast, reliable, vehicle location technology. The software runs on tablets, laptops, or smartphones and improves the efficiency and features of mobile data terminals. Software integrated mobile data terminals help in lowering fuel consumption by providing the shortest route path for transportation. Additionally, it monitors drivers, vehicles, and delivered goods in real-time to improve the overall efficiency of fleet management.
- North America is expected to be a prominent region in the global mobile data terminals (MDT) market due to developed infrastructure facilities and availability of advanced technologies in the region. The mobile data terminals (MDT) market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand due to technological advancements and high adoption of consumer electronic devices in the region.
Mobile Data Terminals (MDT) Market – Dynamics
Increasing applications of mobile data terminals
- With growing technological advancement, mobile terminals can be mounted on different devices and provide a wide range of applications in different industries. For instance, mobile data terminals can be used for fleet management, in-vehicle surveillance, warehouse management, and asset management. Mobile terminals are also used in freight industry and provide real time tracking and monitoring of goods. It also increases cargo safety and security for high-risk oil and chemical tankers. These developments are anticipated to boost the demand for mobile data terminals.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
High cost of deployment and integration issues with devices likely to hinder the growth of the market
- With growing number of devices, demand for mobile data terminal devices are increasing. However, the high cost of installation, maintenance, and support are affecting the growth of the market. Additionally, integration issues with personal devices such as smartphones, tablets, and laptops are also likely to hinder the growth of the mobile data terminals (MDT) market.
Global Mobile Data Terminals (MDT) Market – Competition Landscape
Key Players Operating in the Global Mobile Data Terminals (MDT) Market
- Advantech Co., Ltd.
- HCL Technologies Limited
- Howen Technologies Co., Ltd.
- BVM Ltd
- MiTAC Digital Technology Corporation
- WiPath Communication LLC.
- Lexipol LLC
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
Mobile Data Terminals (MDT) Market: Regional Overview
- North America is expected to dominate the global mobile data terminals (MDT) market in the near future due to availability of advanced technologies in the region. Most leading vendors of mobile data terminals have strong presence in North America. The mobile data terminals (MDT) market in Asia Pacific and Europe is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace in the next few years due to the increasing application of mobile data terminals in the transportation industry for real time tracking and fleet management. Additionally, the growing demand for supply chain management in the Middle East is expected to create an opportunity for the mobile data terminals (MDT) market in the near future.
Global Mobile Data Terminals (MDT) Market: Research Scope
Global Mobile Data Terminals (MDT) Market, by Component
- Support & Maintenance
- Installation & Integration
Global Mobile Data Terminals (MDT) Market, by Industry
- Supply chain & Logistics
- Military & Defense
- Oil & Gas
Global Mobile data terminals (MDT) Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.