Global Mobile Data Terminals (MDT) Market – Introduction
- A mobile data terminal is a computerized device, mounted on transit devices or systems to communicate with a centralized control system. Mobile data terminals are mainly used in courier vehicles, commercial trucking fleets, and service trucks. It can also be used in warehouse inventory and military logistics management. Additionally, it is mounted on emergency vehicles such as ambulance and police vehicles to communicate with a central office.
- Mobile data terminals are equipped with advance technologies which provide information about geographic locations and displays a map on the devices on which they are mounted. Mobile data terminals provide real time tracking of vehicles and also gives real-time notifications, alerts, warnings, sirens etc. Moreover, mobile data terminals offer various advantages such as lower inventory and operating cost and increased operational efficiency.
- As mobile data terminals get upgraded, their features and applications also increase. Mobile data terminals can now provide the temperature status of the vehicle and send an alert message to the driver in case of an emergency. Moreover, mobile data terminals show the most fuel-efficient route to the driver, which helps them in reducing the transportation cost. Additionally, it avoids late delivery of the goods by displaying the shortest route to drivers; it also eliminates the risk of accidents in the sea. Mobile data terminal systems provide blue light control, ANPR (automatic number plate recognition), GPS tracking, and DVR (Digital Video Recording) features as well.
- Mobile data terminals are integrated with software, which helps transit agencies to operate more effectively with fast, reliable, vehicle location technology. The software runs on tablets, laptops, or smartphones and improves the efficiency and features of mobile data terminals. Software integrated mobile data terminals help in lowering fuel consumption by providing the shortest route path for transportation. Additionally, it monitors drivers, vehicles, and delivered goods in real-time to improve the overall efficiency of fleet management.
- North America is expected to be a prominent region in the global mobile data terminals (MDT) market due to developed infrastructure facilities and availability of advanced technologies in the region. The mobile data terminals (MDT) market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand due to technological advancements and high adoption of consumer electronic devices in the region.
Mobile Data Terminals (MDT) Market – Dynamics
Increasing applications of mobile data terminals
- With growing technological advancement, mobile terminals can be mounted on different devices and provide a wide range of applications in different industries. For instance, mobile data terminals can be used for fleet management, in-vehicle surveillance, warehouse management, and asset management. Mobile terminals are also used in freight industry and provide real time tracking and monitoring of goods. It also increases cargo safety and security for high-risk oil and chemical tankers. These developments are anticipated to boost the demand for mobile data terminals.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
High cost of deployment and integration issues with devices likely to hinder the growth of the market
- With growing number of devices, demand for mobile data terminal devices are increasing. However, the high cost of installation, maintenance, and support are affecting the growth of the market. Additionally, integration issues with personal devices such as smartphones, tablets, and laptops are also likely to hinder the growth of the mobile data terminals (MDT) market.
Global Mobile Data Terminals (MDT) Market – Competition Landscape
Key Players Operating in the Global Mobile Data Terminals (MDT) Market
- Advantech Co., Ltd.
- HCL Technologies Limited
- Howen Technologies Co., Ltd.
- BVM Ltd
- MiTAC Digital Technology Corporation
- WiPath Communication LLC.
- Lexipol LLC
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
Mobile Data Terminals (MDT) Market: Regional Overview
- North America is expected to dominate the global mobile data terminals (MDT) market in the near future due to availability of advanced technologies in the region. Most leading vendors of mobile data terminals have strong presence in North America. The mobile data terminals (MDT) market in Asia Pacific and Europe is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace in the next few years due to the increasing application of mobile data terminals in the transportation industry for real time tracking and fleet management. Additionally, the growing demand for supply chain management in the Middle East is expected to create an opportunity for the mobile data terminals (MDT) market in the near future.
Global Mobile Data Terminals (MDT) Market: Research Scope
Global Mobile Data Terminals (MDT) Market, by Component
- Support & Maintenance
- Installation & Integration
Global Mobile Data Terminals (MDT) Market, by Industry
- Supply chain & Logistics
- Military & Defense
- Oil & Gas
Global Mobile data terminals (MDT) Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.