Milled-Corn Products Market Outlook
Globally, the major commodities from which starch is derived are maize, cassava, potato, and wheat. The quantity of starch consumed in food and non-food products in a country is closely associated with the level of economic development and income of that country. With the rise in per capita income, consumer demand for a food and manufactured products that use starch in their making. Thus, there is a close and positive relationship between income and quantity of starch demanded. Starch which is being considered as the one of the most present biomaterials has witnessed significant development over the past few years.
Milled-Corn Products Market: Reasons for Covering this Title
Corn is one type of grain that has witnessed highest production and consumption rate worldwide. Corn in its raw and processed formats are being used in large scale in food, feed, ethanol production and industrial uses as well. The most common factor driving the demand for milled-corn products is for the ethanol production. However, the rising demand for bakery products especially from the European and the North American region is one of the emerging reasons which is triggering the demand for milled-corn products. The dry milled-corn product has experienced an extensive usage in the production of ethnic foods, bread, batter mixes, pancake mixes etc.
Global Milled-Corn Products: Market Segmentation
On the basis of nature, the global Milled-Corn products market has been segmented as –
On the basis of source, the global Milled-Corn products market has been segmented as –
- White Corn
- Yellow Corn
- Blue Corn
On the basis of product type, the global Milled-Corn products market has been segmented as –
- Corn Grits
- Corn flours
- Corn Polenta
- Corn Snack Meal
- Corn Cones
On the basis of application, the global Milled-Corn products market has been segmented as –
- Flaking Application
- Dry Mixes
- Snack Chips
Global Milled-Corn Products Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global Milled-Corn products market are Agricor, Archer Daniels Midland Company, SunOpta, Inc., Bunge Limited, Didion Milling, Inc, South Texas Milling Inc., Montana Milling Inc., The Congaree Milling Company, SEMO Milling, LLC, Cargill Inc., Codrico, Shawnee Milling Company, Wilkins Rogers,Inc., Dover Corn Products Ltd., Kenyon Corn Meal Company, among others.
Volume Share of Top 5 Countries Producing Corn – 2016
World Total Corn Production: 1.04 MT
Unites States has the highest rate of production and consumption of corn, however countries like Japan, Mexico and European Union witnessed highest imports of corn which paves an opportunity for milled-corn products market in these regions.
Largest Corn Importing Countries-2016
(Thousands of metric tons)
Milled-Corn Products Market: Key Trends
The regional expansion, upgrading the production facilities and several critical acquisitions are some of the key factors and event which helps in the driving the growth of the Milled-Corn products market in the near future.
Key Product Launches in Milled-Corn Products Market
- In Feb 2018, Chicago-based Company Archer Daniels Midland Co. plans to rebuild its grain processing plant in Iowa. The company intends to invest $7.8 million in other machinery and equipment and $2.8 million in site preparation. The plant produces a range of milled-corn products.
- In Jan 2018, Cargill and the Arabian Agricultural Service Company (ARASCO), inaugurated a new state-of-art facility in Saudi Arabia. The new facility will help in doubling the glucose and starch production capabilities and serve the confectionery, juice, bakery and catering segments in Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Kuwait, Oman, Bahrain, and Qatar.
Opportunities for Milled-Corn Products Market Participants
Over the past couple of years, there has been surge in consumption rate of bakery products in the global market owing to rise in popularity of organic and healthy baked goods along with rising consumption of bread. Europe dominates the global market followed the Asia-Pacific region. Both these regions have witnessed significant consumption of breads especially mixed breads etc. Milled-corn products is being used as the prime ingredient in the production of these kind of breads. On the other hand, cereal products have higher rate of consumption especially in North American region which again milled-corn product. As a result, these factors helps sights an opportunity for milled-corn product market.
Brief Approach to Research
A modeling-based approach and triangulation methodology will be followed to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the nature, source, product type and application of the product segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data are collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall milled-corn product market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in our report include:
- An overview of the Milled-Corn Products Market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the Milled-Corn Products Market and its potential
- Milled-Corn Products Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges, and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the Milled-Corn Products Market
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major Milled-Corn Products Market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports, and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key Milled-Corn Products Market participants
- Competitive landscape of the Milled-Corn Products Market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.