Packaging is a procedure of using containers and components to protect, carry, identify and enable merchandising of products, and should be manufactured from materials best suited for the purpose. Besides enabling safe and hygienic packaging of products, it also enables one company to differentiate its products from that of competitors. Increasing demand for single serve packs of milk products is expected to significantly fuel growth of the global milk packaging market over the forecast period. Due to various nutritional and health-related benefits associated with milk, demand for milk has been increasing significantly in the recent past, which is in turn expected to drive growth of the global milk packaging market during the forecast period.
Milk Packaging: Market Dynamics
Growth of the global milk packaging market is driven by factors such as increasing number of small households – due to which consumers prefer single serve packs of consumer goods – particularly for milk and other dairy products. Moreover, increasing number of health conscious consumers in various countries is driving demand for milk as a source of calcium, minerals, vitamin D, and protein. Availability of various flavoured milk products in the market is another factor expected to stimulate growth of the global milk packaging market during the forecast period. In addition, increasing population and per capita disposable income is expected to drive sales of packaged milk products in future.
Moreover, various applications of milk for preparing food products is a factor expected to drive growth of the milk packaging market during the forecast period. However, price fluctuation of materials (aluminum, plastic, paper) used in milk packaging is expected to slightly hamper the sales of milk packaging. A significant trend gaining traction in the global milk packaging market is increasing awareness of eco-friendly materials. Among all material types used for milk packaging, paperboard segment is expected to account maximum growth in the near future, owing to its recyclable property.
Milk Packaging: Market Segmentation
The global milk packaging market is segmented on the basis of packaging type, and end-use industry
Based on packaging type, the global milk packaging market is segmented into:
- Tubs & cups
Based on material type, the global milk packaging market is segmented into:
Milk Packaging Market: Regional outlook
In terms of regions, the global milk packaging market has been segmented into North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Middle East & Africa. Asia Pacific market is expected to witness relatively fast growth in terms of revenue during the forecast period as various developing countries such as India and China account for major production and consumption of milk.
Milk Packaging Market: Key players
Some key players in the global milk packaging market are Amcor Limited, Tetra Pack, Evergreen Packaging, Indevco, Ball, Elopak, Blue Ridge Paper Products, Clondalkin Group Holdings, CKS Packaging, Crown Holdings, Essel Propack, Consolidated Container, Fabri-Kal, Exopack Holdings, Global Closure Systems and Graham Packaging etc. The global milk packaging market is not consolidated in nature owing to presence of various local and international manufacturers, but the unorganized players also have strong presence. In the global milk packaging market, key players are entering into agreements and mergers and acquisitions with local manufacturers of milk packaging in order to increase their product offerings, and penetrate emerging countries.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.