Global Military Smart Textiles Market: Highlights
- Smart textiles are intelligent textile structures or fabrics that can sense and react to environmental stimuli, which may be mechanical, thermal, chemical, biological, and magnetic, amongst others
- Smart textiles are becoming more integrated with service ecosystems that go beyond the current horizontal textile value chain. This is expected to extend the material and tangible properties of smart textiles to intangible properties from services such as the ability to measure and store data and change the functionality of a material over time.
Key Drivers of Global Military Smart Textiles Market
- Smart textiles are extensively used by army officials across the globe. Textile-based materials equipped with nanotechnology and electronics play a key role in the development of technologically advanced military uniforms and materials. Active and intelligent textiles, integrated with electronics, have the capacity to improve a soldier’s performance by sensing and adapting themselves to the preset state, and responding to the situational need.
- Smart technologies aim to help armed forces perform everything they need to do with a less number of devices and load. Smart textiles provide uniforms with a single, central power source. This allows soldiers to carry one battery instead of many and cut the number of cables required for their kit.
Global Military Smart Textiles Market: Application Segment
- Based on application, the global military smart textiles market can be segmented into camouflage, energy harvest, temperature monitoring & control, protection & mobility, health monitoring, and others
- The camouflage segment is projected to account for major share of the global military smart textiles market by 2027
- Expanding at a healthy growth rate, energy harvest, temperature monitoring & control, and health monitoring segments are expected to create significant incremental opportunities during the forecast period
- In terms of volume, the others segments is anticipated to expand at a moderate to high pace in the near future
Asia Pacific to be Key Region of Global Military Smart Textiles Market
- In terms of region, the global military smart textiles market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Supportive government regulations in China and India aimed at promoting investments in their respective textile manufacturing sectors are expected to boost the market in Asia Pacific. China is a leading producer and exporter of raw textiles and garments globally. Textile is a prominent industry in China. The textile industry is booming in the country due to the low cost of labor, inexpensive land, supportive government policies, large domestic consumer market, and abundant availability of human resource. Expansion of the textile industry in Asia Pacific, especially in China and India, is projected to propel the military smart textiles market in the region in the near future.
- The Government of India has been investing significantly in the Integrated Textile Parks (SITP) and Technology Upgradation Fund schemes to encourage more private equity and to train the workforce
- In terms of demand, Asia Pacific dominates the global military smart textiles market. It is followed by North America and Europe. The textile industry in Canada is well established. Growth in the textile industry in the country is projected to fuel the military smart textiles market in North America.
- The textile sector accounts for 6% of employment in total manufacturing in Europe. Expansion in the textile industry in Europe is anticipated to boost the military smart textiles market in the region.
- The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period. The textile industry in Mexico has been expanding steadily. The textile sector in Middle East & Africa has been witnessing an increase in investments. These factors are likely to drive the demand for military smart textiles in Latin America and Middle East & Africa, respectively, during the forecast period.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global Military smart textiles market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global military smart textiles market include:
- Advanced Fabric Technology LLC
- BAE Systems plc
- BeBop Sensors
- TenCate Fabrics - EU.
- Mide Technology Corporation
- Outlast Technologies LLC
- WL Gore & Associates Inc
Global Military Smart Textiles Market: Research Scope
Global Military Smart Textiles Market, by Type
- Passive Smart Textiles
- Active Smart Textiles
- Ultra-smart Textiles
Global Military Smart Textiles Market, by Application
- Energy Harvest
- Temperature Monitoring & Control
- Protection & Mobility
- Health Monitoring
Global Military Smart Textiles Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.