Military Fuze: Introduction
- Fuzes are electronic/mechanical devices attached to ammunition to provide reliable and safe detonations at a desired time and place.
- These devices control the safe separation of ammunition from the delivery platform and trigger its detonation.
- Military fuze is segmented by munition type (missile, rocket, mine, grenade, projectile/shell, bomb, and others), by activation mechanism (impact fuze, proximity fuze, remote fuze, pressure fuze, time fuze, and combination fuze), by placement (nose, tail, and base), and by region.
Rise in Demand for Combination Fuze
- Based on activation mechanism, the combination fuze segment is expected to be the fastest growing segment of the military fuze market during the forecast period due to its feature that includes more than one fuze in series or parallel arrangements.
- Combination fuze offers various combinations of activation mechanisms such as impact fuze, proximity fuze, remote fuze, pressure fuze, and time fuze.
- The basic functions of fuze are arming, safing, firing, and target sense. Military fuze is used for launching, firing, arming, and targeting missiles, rockets, mines, grenades, projectile/shells, and bombs.
- The high cost of equipment and high maintenance are major restraining factors of the military fuze market. New research and developments in military fuze creates opportunities for key market players.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Asia Pacific to Lead the Military Fuze Market
- In terms of region, the global military fuze market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to dominate the global military fuze market throughout the forecast period due to several government initiatives for the establishment and development of new technologies in the aerospace & defense sector in the region.
- Asia Pacific has witnessed substantial growth in the aerospace & defense sector in the past few decades, which boosts the growth of the military fuze market.
- The military fuze market in North America and Europe are expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period since major companies operating in the market are headquartered in these regions.
- The military fuze market in Middle East & Africa, and South America is estimated to witness slow growth rate during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Military Fuze Market
The global military fuze market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansion to meet the rising demand for military fuzes. Moreover, manufacturers are undertaking mergers and acquisitions for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global military fuze market are listed below:
- Diehl Defense GmbH & Co. KG
- AIM Infrarot-Module GmbH
- JUNGHANS Defense
- DynITEC GmbH
- Diehl Retrofit Missile Systeme GmbH
- Diehl & Eagle Picher GmbH
- EuroSpike GmbH
- RAM-System GmbH
- Parsys GmbH
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Military Fuze Market, Request for a Sample
Global Military Fuze Market: Research Scope
Global Military Fuze Market, by Munition Type
Global Military Fuze Market, by Activation Mechanism
- Impact Fuze
- Proximity Fuze
- Remote Fuze
- Pressure Fuze
- Time Fuze
- Combination Fuze
Global Military Fuze Market, by Placement
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.