Micro-scale Biogas Plant: Introduction
- Micro-scale biogas plant refers to a small-scale plant where biogas is produced by fermenting biomass. The size of micro-scale biogas plant ranges up to 80kW.
- Development of micro-scale digestion on-farm plants emerged after 2010. Micro-scale biogas plant is primarily installed in the agriculture industry, as it offers several advantages to farmers. For instance, it minimizes energy bills by producing heat and power; and reduces strong odors associated with the use of untreated manure.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Micro-scale Biogas Plant Market
- Rise in interest in the adoption of small-scale biogas technologies, primarily in developing economies such as Africa, Asia, and Latin America, is expected to drive the global micro-scale biogas plant market. Demand for biogas technology is driven by socioeconomic and environmental benefits of using biogas, such as decrease in firewood and kerosene consumption, and lower emissions of greenhouse gases and indoor air pollutants.
- Growth in investment in the development of small-scale biogas plants to cater to the rising demand for electricity and heat production is also expected to propel the global micro-scale biogas plant market during the forecast period. Furthermore, increase in need to manage food waste efficiently is estimated to boost the demand for micro-scale biogas plants.
- Rise in electricity consumption, primarily in developing nations such as China and India, is also anticipated to stimulate the global micro-scale biogas plant market during the forecast period. For instance, electricity consumption in Asia increased from 8,866 TWh in 2015 to 10,716 TWh in 2019. Biogas is the gaseous product of anaerobic digestion that is utilized to generate electricity and the production of heat.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis on Power Plant Projects
- Governments of various countries have enforced nationwide lockdowns as part of measures to limit the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic. During the lockdown, several restrictions have been placed on the movement of individuals. Economic activities have come to a halt, barring the activities related to essential goods and services.
- Implementation of power projects needs a preliminary survey; therefore, restriction on movement of an individuals to limit the spread of coronavirus has negatively impacted the investment of investors in the installation of power plants. This has hampered the investment in the development of biogas power plant projects.
Heat Generation Application Segment Expected to Hold Prominent Share of Global Market
- The global micro-scale biogas plant market can be segmented based on application and region
- Based on application, the global micro-scale biogas plant market can be segregated into power generation and heat generation. The heat generation segment held major share of the global micro-scale biogas plant market in 2019. Growth of the segment can be ascribed to the rise in demand for space heating and hot water consumption in residential buildings.
Europe Expected to Constitute Major Share of Global Micro-scale Biogas Plant Market
- In terms of region, the global micro-scale biogas plant market can be divided into Middle East & Africa, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and North America
- Europe is projected to dominate the global micro-scale biogas plant market during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to the increase in efforts to reduce carbon emissions along with rise in prime energy consumption. Regulators have introduced several directives and rules to attain renewable targets and minimize GHG emissions.
- The micro-scale biogas plant market in the Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period due to increase in demand for continuous electricity supply at low cost in the region. Strong economic growth, availability of biomass resources, and rise in standard of living are some of the major factors propelling the demand for electricity across the region, majorly in developing economies such as China and India. Furthermore, the ease of availability of biomass resources is anticipated to boost the demand for micro-scale biogas plants.
- North America is also projected to hold vital share of the global micro-scale biogas plant market during the forecast period due to ongoing investments in the development of micro-scale biogas plants to meet the continuously rising demand for electricity across the region
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Leading companies operating in the global micro-scale biogas plant market include:
- Renergon International AG
- MSA Bio-Energy Pvt. Ltd
- BALKANIKA ENERGY PLC
- WELTEC BIOPOWER GMBH
Global Micro-scale Biogas Plant Market: Research Scope
Global Micro-scale Biogas Plant Market, by Application
- Power Generation
- Heat Generation
Global Micro-scale Biogas Plant Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.