Global Microbial Seed Treatment Market: Overview
Microbial seeds or microbial inoculants are congregations of microbial organisms planted into the ground to increase plant health. These are symbiotic to a plant and promote plant health. A growing plant requires lots of nutrients from the soil which are seldom present in sufficient quantities for a large volume of plants. Chemical fertilizers have been traditionally used to replenish soil health but are currently falling from favor owing to adverse environmental implications. Microbial seeds provide a natural source of nutrients without the complications or requirement of chemicals. Moreover, as microbes multiply on their own, costs are less than using chemical fertilizers.
Current global population is increasing at a marked rate, with global numbers expected to reach 11 billion by the year 2100. Food demand will put pressure on an already contracting arable land area. In light of the above, fertilizing options will have to be diversified in the future with an eye on sustainable development. The microbial seed treatment market is expected to witness steady growth owing to these trends from 2020 to 2030, as per Transparency Market Research.
Global Microbial Seed Treatment Market: Competitive Landscape
Few players are involved in the production of microbial seeds around the world. This makes the market scenario concentrated. A few of these players are-
- Microbial Solutions (Pty) Ltd,
- Bayer CropScience AG
- Monsanto Company
- Informa plc.
- Syngenta A.G.
- Novozymes A/S.
These players are expected to increase market outreach and awareness among farmers about this agricultural innovation by advertisements and sample distribution to various outcrops. Acquiring smaller production facilities and funding innovations in agriculture should help increase supply for this burgeoning market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Microbial Seed Treatment Market: Key Trends and Drivers
- Our demand for arable land has grown exponentially in concomitance with rising population. Half of all habitable land is used for agriculture today and yet a large section of global population is devoid of basic three time meals. While administrative allocation plays a part here, much can be attributed to arable land shortage. More pressure is being placed on this short span of land and fertilizers are being utilized to increase productivity. At the global level, per capita agricultural land use is now less than half its value in 1961. However, chemical fertilizers are more destructive for the environment; hence organic options like microbial seeds are being looked into. As future land use becomes more and more pressurized, this trend should push the microbial seed treatment market upward.
- Microbial seeds increase soil productivity organically, and this is reflected in their retail. More and more people are clamoring for organic produce. The organic products market in a developing region like India has grown at a CAGR of 25 per cent till 2019. Growth is even better in developed countries as they accept innovative products more readily. In lieu of the above, the microbial seed treatment market should grow steadily into the future.
Global Microbial Seed Treatment Market: Regional Analysis
North America and Europe are currently global leaders in the microbial seed treatment market. This can be attributed to regional dependence of GDP on agricultural produce which gives impetus to agro innovations. Land use in these areas, especially in the United States and Canada is directed towards agricultural produce. Local laws are increasingly stringent to prevent unsustainable development from progressing as regional population calls for environmental protection.
The Asia Pacific region (APAC) is expected to register the fastest growth in this market in the future owing to acceptance of innovations by regional farmers and increased pressure on farms to cater to growing food demand.
Latin America is expected to register healthy rates of growth in this market given that arable land is being increasingly claimed for in this region and agricultural innovations are being promoted by local governments.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in global microbial seed treatment market, ask for a customized report here
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.