Microarray Biochips: Introduction
- Microarrays are microscope slides printed with thousands of tiny spots in defined positions containing a known DNA sequence.
- A microarray biochip is a laboratory tool invented in 1990 used to detect the expression of thousands of gene sequence at the same time.
- Three types of microarray biochips available in the market by product type includes DNA chips, RNA chips, and protein chips, and these are used in various applications such as clinical diagnostics, drug discovery, forensic medicine, biotechnology research, and in biotechnology & pharmaceutical companies.
Rise in Demand for DNA Chips
- According to type, DNA chips are the fastest growing segment of the microarray biochips market due to advantages such as reduction in time and cost, and ability to deliver high throughput without the need for heavy and bulky instruments, which is driving the market growth of the DNA chips segment.
- DNA microarray contains microscope slides that are printed with thousands of minute spots in defined positions, with each spot containing a known DNA sequence or gene.
- DNA microarray biochips are largely used in research to study genomics and next-generation sequencing, for detection and diagnosis of genetic disorders, and in point-of-care diagnostics. All these applications are expected to propel the growth of DNA chips during the forecast period.
- Moreover, protein and DNA microarray biochips have widespread applications in gene expression, single nucleotide polymorphism genotyping, expression profiling, in vitro diagnosis, point-of-care, high throughput screening, drug discovery, tissue arrays, and in agricultural biotechnology. These factors are anticipated to drive the rapid growth of the microarray biochips market.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Microarray Biochips Market, Request for a Sample
North America to Lead the Microarray Biochips Market
- In terms of region, the global microarray biochips market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- North America is anticipated to dominate the global microarray biochips market throughout the forecast period due to high quality healthcare systems, adoption of advanced technologies in the healthcare sector, rise in aging population, and increasing prevalence of lifestyle diseases and cardiac disorders.
- Asia Pacific holds the second largest share of the microarray biochips market due to high growth rate in the life sciences industry, and extensive research and development in biotechnology and pharmaceutical fields in major Asian countries such as China, India, Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan.
- The microarray biochips market in Europe is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. On the other side, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Microarray Biochips Market
The global microarray biochips market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to meet the rising demand for microarray biochips. Moreover, manufacturers are undertaking mergers and acquisitions for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global microarray biochips market are listed below:
- Hermes-Epitek Corporation
- Applied Microarrays Inc.
- Abbott Laboratories
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- PerkinElmer Inc.
- Fluidigm Corporation
- Illumina, Inc.
- GE Healthcare
- Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc.
- Cepheid Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Microarray Biochips Market: Research Scope
Global Microarray Biochips Market, by Type
- DNA Chips
- Protein Chips
- RNA Chips
Global Microarray Biochips Market, by Product
- Reagents and Consumables
- Software and Services
Global Microarray Biochips Market, by Application
- Clinical Diagnostics
- Drug Discovery
- Forensic medicines
- Biotechnology Research
Global Microarray Biochips Market, by End-user
- Biotechnology & Pharmaceutical Companies
- Academic & Research Institutes
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.