- Micro-mobility is a mode of transportation that use very light vehicles, including electric scooters, shared bicycles, pedelec, electric skateboard, bicycles, etc. Gross weight of vehicles under this category is less than 500 kg.
- Micro-mobility vehicles are used for short duration travel, mainly for first or last mile of a journey. Miniaturization of transport modes for shorter journeys considered under micro-mobility. Requirement of motor, availability for shared services, and usage as primary utility are some additional conditions for micro-mobility.
Key Drivers of Global Micro-mobility Market
- Nearly 60% of car trips across the world are less than 8 kilometers and offer growth opportunities for the micro-mobility market
- Compact, lightweight, less payload capacity, electric or human-powered powertrain, and limited number of passengers are some of the important features of micro-mobility vehicles. These are expected to be key factors driving the global micro-mobility market during the forecast period.
- Investments in micro-mobility mode of transportation by several key players and governments across the globe likely to augment the micro-mobility market growth. For instance, private and public stakeholders in China have invested more than US$ 5 Bn since 2015 in micro-mobility start-ups.
- Rapidly growing demand for shared mobility solutions, including ridesharing, e-hailing, and car sharing in urban areas is likely to fuel the micro-mobility market growth
- Exponential growth in micro-mobility solutions can be attributed to continuous increase in urban population since the past decade. With major expansion of urban centers, around 65% of people are projected to live in cities by 2040.
- Most key players in the global micro-mobility market are start-ups funded by private or public investments. With increasing investments from several sectors, companies operating in the micro-mobility market are concentrated on expansion of their product portfolios and enhancement of distribution networks. Mergers and acquisition of micro-mobility start-ups by key players in shared mobility transportation and on-demand transportation are likely to drive the micro-mobility market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Battery Electric Vehicle Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Vehicle emission contributes majorly to the rising levels in global warming gases, including CO2, NOx, and several others
- Deterioration of environment is a major concern across the globe especially. The European Union has mandated several norms and regulations on vehicles and transportation to reduce vehicle emissions.
- Electric vehicles, also termed as zero-emission vehicles, help in reducing vehicle emission. Hence, the demand for battery electric vehicles for micro-mobility is growing at a rapid pace.
Privacy and Stringent Government Norms to Hamper Market
- Sharing a ride is a primary application of micro-mobility that results in loss of privacy of passengers traveling. Hence, a large number of costumer do not prefer ride sharing.
- Several countries across the globe, including Japan and Germany have banned ride-sharing services, owing to heavy protest from local taxi service operators
Asia Pacific Micro-mobility Market to Expand Rapidly
- Asia Pacific is the most populous region. The urban population across Asia Pacific is increasing consistently, which can be attributed to employment opportunities and increased standards of living in urban areas.
- Asia Pacific accounted for a significant share of the global micro-mobility market in 2018. This market in the region is projected to grow at a high pace, as the region comprises rapidly developing economies, such as China and India. The market in Asia Pacific is primarily driven by China, where the rate of adoption of micro-mobility services is increasing, owing to legality of ride-sharing services, surge in fuel prices, increased vehicular emission, and presence of leading players providing on-demand transportation services, including Didi. This, in turn, is driving the micro-mobility market in the country.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in micro-mobility market, ask for a customized report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global micro-mobility market is highly fragmented with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 20%–25% of the market share. Some of the key players operating in the global micro-mobility market are:
- Easymile SAS
- Skip Transportation
- Spin Scooters
- Sway Mobility
- Floatility GmbH
- Beijing Mobike Technology Co. Ltd.
- Bird Rides Inc.
- Segway Inc.
- Dynamic Bicycles
- Scoot Network
- Micro Mobility Systems
Global Micro-mobility Market: Research Scope
Global Micro-mobility Market, by Requirement Type
- First and Last Mile Trips
- Short Distance Trips
Global Micro-mobility Market, by Location
Global Micro-mobility Market, by Application
Global Micro-mobility Market, by Autonomy Level
Global Micro-mobility Market, by Power Source
Global Micro-mobility Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.