Micro-D Connectors: Introduction
- Micro-D connectors look similar to D-sub connectors, as both are shaped like the letter ‘D’. However, micro-D connectors are about half the size of D-sub connectors.
- Micro-D connectors are designed for use in mission critical applications, wherein high reliability and high density are required
- Various types of micro-D connectors are available in the marketplace, such as cable-to-cable, board-to-cable, surface-mount board-to-cable and filtered-cable micro-D connectors
- Micro-D connectors are manufactured from plastics, metals, composites, a broad range of mounting hardware, and straight and angled back shells
- Micro-D connectors are used in multiple applications such as helicopters, navigation, deep sea exploration, medical devices, civil craft, space equipment, and satellite harnesses and payloads
- Micro-D connectors are employed in various end-use sectors such as commercial, aerospace & defense, and industrial
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Rise in Demand for Micro-D Connectors in Military Applications
- Micro-D connectors are largely used in military applications, as they are rugged, reliable, highly resistant to shock and vibration, and compact in size
- In helicopters and civil craft, various types of micro-D connectors are used, owing to their reduced weight, compact size, and capability to establish multiple connections in less space. These include rectangular D style, strip line style, filtered, and single-row metal style micro-D connectors.
- Moreover, use of micro-D connectors is increasing in military applications, due to their optimized electromagnetic interference shielding, wider operating temperature range, better contact retention, and better damage resistance. These features help perform operations in critical situations.
- As a result of these advantages, the demand for micro-D connectors for use in military applications is increasing, which is expected to drive the global micro-D connectors market during the forecast period
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Global Market, Request for a Sample
Space Segment to Witness Lucrative Opportunities
- Governments of several countries are focusing on space exploration missions, wherein micro-D connectors play a vital role, as they are employed to connect satellite harness assemblies and payloads, launchers, telescopes, and other satellite equipment
- Additionally, use of micro-D connectors in space operations is beneficial, as they are light in weight, compact in size, and space saving. These are considered highly important factors in a satellite operation.
- Hence, increase in the use of micro-D connectors in space operations is expected to offer lucrative opportunities to the global micro-D connectors market during the forecast period
North America to Lead Global Micro-D Connectors Market
- In terms of region, the global micro-D connectors market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to dominate the global micro-D connectors market throughout the forecast period, as a large number of manufacturers of micro-D connectors operate in North America and they are continually investing in electronic connectors
- The micro-D connectors market in Europe and Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate rate during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Micro-D Connectors Market
The global micro-D connectors market was highly fragmented in 2018. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to meet the risen demand for micro-D connectors. Moreover, manufacturers are entering into partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global micro-D connectors market are:
- AirBorn, Inc.
- Amphenol Aerospace
- Axon' Cable
- BTC Electronic Components
- Cristek Inc
- Glenair, Inc.
- TE Connectivity
Global Micro-D Connectors Market: Research Scope
Global Micro-D Connectors Market, by Product
- Surface-mount Board-to-cable
Global Micro-D Connectors Market, by Pin Configuration
Global Micro-D Connectors Market, by Application
- Medical Devices
- Civil Craft
- Satellite Harnesses & Payloads
Global Micro-D Connectors Market, by End-use Industry
- Aerospace & Defense
Global Micro-D Connectors Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.