Micro-D Connectors: Introduction
- Micro-D connectors look similar to D-sub connectors, as both are shaped like the letter ‘D’. However, micro-D connectors are about half the size of D-sub connectors.
- Micro-D connectors are designed for use in mission critical applications, wherein high reliability and high density are required
- Various types of micro-D connectors are available in the marketplace, such as cable-to-cable, board-to-cable, surface-mount board-to-cable and filtered-cable micro-D connectors
- Micro-D connectors are manufactured from plastics, metals, composites, a broad range of mounting hardware, and straight and angled back shells
- Micro-D connectors are used in multiple applications such as helicopters, navigation, deep sea exploration, medical devices, civil craft, space equipment, and satellite harnesses and payloads
- Micro-D connectors are employed in various end-use sectors such as commercial, aerospace & defense, and industrial
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Rise in Demand for Micro-D Connectors in Military Applications
- Micro-D connectors are largely used in military applications, as they are rugged, reliable, highly resistant to shock and vibration, and compact in size
- In helicopters and civil craft, various types of micro-D connectors are used, owing to their reduced weight, compact size, and capability to establish multiple connections in less space. These include rectangular D style, strip line style, filtered, and single-row metal style micro-D connectors.
- Moreover, use of micro-D connectors is increasing in military applications, due to their optimized electromagnetic interference shielding, wider operating temperature range, better contact retention, and better damage resistance. These features help perform operations in critical situations.
- As a result of these advantages, the demand for micro-D connectors for use in military applications is increasing, which is expected to drive the global micro-D connectors market during the forecast period
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Global Market, Request for a Sample
Space Segment to Witness Lucrative Opportunities
- Governments of several countries are focusing on space exploration missions, wherein micro-D connectors play a vital role, as they are employed to connect satellite harness assemblies and payloads, launchers, telescopes, and other satellite equipment
- Additionally, use of micro-D connectors in space operations is beneficial, as they are light in weight, compact in size, and space saving. These are considered highly important factors in a satellite operation.
- Hence, increase in the use of micro-D connectors in space operations is expected to offer lucrative opportunities to the global micro-D connectors market during the forecast period
North America to Lead Global Micro-D Connectors Market
- In terms of region, the global micro-D connectors market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to dominate the global micro-D connectors market throughout the forecast period, as a large number of manufacturers of micro-D connectors operate in North America and they are continually investing in electronic connectors
- The micro-D connectors market in Europe and Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate rate during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Micro-D Connectors Market
The global micro-D connectors market was highly fragmented in 2018. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to meet the risen demand for micro-D connectors. Moreover, manufacturers are entering into partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global micro-D connectors market are:
- AirBorn, Inc.
- Amphenol Aerospace
- Axon' Cable
- BTC Electronic Components
- Cristek Inc
- Glenair, Inc.
- TE Connectivity
Global Micro-D Connectors Market: Research Scope
Global Micro-D Connectors Market, by Product
- Surface-mount Board-to-cable
Global Micro-D Connectors Market, by Pin Configuration
Global Micro-D Connectors Market, by Application
- Medical Devices
- Civil Craft
- Satellite Harnesses & Payloads
Global Micro-D Connectors Market, by End-use Industry
- Aerospace & Defense
Global Micro-D Connectors Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.