mHealth Applications: Introduction
- mHealth applications are designed to improve the quality of healthcare systems by using digital technologies and telecommunications. mHealth applications are primarily used to maintain health records, and ensure coordinated activities among nurses, physicians, healthcare payers, clinicians, ambulatory care centers etc.
- mHealth applications offer engagement, increased productivity, and communication between doctors, internal staff, pathologists, pharmacists, and patients. Fast communication is crucial in the healthcare sector, especially when dealing with emergency cases.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the mHealth Applications Market
Global mHealth Applications Market: Dynamics
Global mHealth Applications Market: Key Drivers and Restraints
- Enhanced user experience for patients as well as doctors is encouraging the development and adoption of mHealth applications, which is expected to boost the mHealth applications market during the forecast period.
- Growing penetration of smartphones, tablets, smart watches, and other mobile devices and platforms is expected to boost the demand for mHealth applications across the globe.
- Increasing deployment of connected devices and mHealth applications for the management of chronic diseases is anticipated to fuel the mHealth applications market.
- Increasing technological advancements and changing patient behavior have led to focus on patient-centric healthcare delivery solutions. This is expected to drive the mHealth applications market during the forecast period.
- Increasing demand for home healthcare services is likely to spur the demand for mHealth applications in the forthcoming years.
- Increasing trend of location-based availability of medical solutions is anticipated to boost the demand for mHealth applications during the forecast period. This is primarily because mHealth applications make it easy for patients as well as doctors to communicate, irrespective of time or location.
- Integration challenges or compatibility issues of mHealth applications is anticipated to hinder the market.
- Additionally, security and privacy concerns about confidential healthcare data is expected to hamper the mHealth applications market during the forecast period.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global mHealth Applications Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic is impacting entire sectors and also directly impacting IT and tech spending. However, COVID-19 has a positive impact on the mHealth application market. The COVID-19 pandemic is a global health crisis. Patients are avoiding going to hospitals for their routine check-up due to the pandemic. Thus, people are turning to alternatives such as mHealth applications to maintain their health & wellness regime.
- The spread of COVID-19 has forced the healthcare IT sector to drive both a stronger online presence and discover new ways to connect. Thus, users are adopting mHealth applications to maintain their health and overcome health challenges.
North America to Hold Major Share of the Global mHealth Applications Market
- In terms of region, the global mHealth applications market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America dominated the global mHealth applications market in 2019, with the U.S. the key market for mHealth applications. As per TMR analysis, the COVID-19 pandemic in the U.S. has resulted in a significant rise in user base or installed base of mHealth applications.
- The mHealth applications market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. This can be attributed to growing adoption of smartphones and smart watches, which in turn increases the adoption of mHealth applications.
Global mHealth Applications Market: Competition Landscape
Several local, regional, and international players are active in the mHealth applications market with a strong presence. Rapid technological advancements have led to opportunities in the global mHealth applications market. Digital marketing software vendors are focused on inorganic growth strategies such as strategic collaborations and merger and acquisition activities with technology partners, to develop innovative and advanced solutions to improve their offerings and market reach.
Key Players Operating in the Global mHealth Applications Market
- Allscripts Healthcare Solutions, Inc.
- Apple, Inc.
- Cerner Corporation
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Medtronic PLC
- Merck and Co.
- Omron Healthcare Co., LTD.
- Pfizer Inc.
Global mHealth Applications Market: Research Scope
Global mHealth Applications Market, by Type
- Monitoring Applications
- Diagnosis & Treatment
- Education & Awareness
- Healthcare Management
- Wellness & Prevention
Global mHealth Applications Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.