Methyl Silicate Market: Overview
- Methyl silicate is a clear, colorless, and aromatic organic ester. It is available in crystalline solid as well as liquid forms. Methyl silicate hydrolyzes and forms a transparent, colorless film of silica.
- Methyl silicate is used in organic and inorganic hybrid coating materials and pre-coat paint for metals
- Methyl silicate is used as an additive in exterior paints for buildings due to its contamination-resistant and self-cleaning effects
- Methyl silicate is also used as a heat-resistant glass coating. It is also used in coatings for television picture tubes as well as various other applications such as adhesives and organic synthesis intermediates.
Rise in Demand for Coatings to Drive Global Methyl Silicate Market
- Expansion of the consumer electronics industry in Asia Pacific is projected to drive the global methyl silicate market during the forecast period
- Rise in usage of methyl silicate as an additive in paints & coatings is also expected to drive the global methyl silicate market
- Volatility in prices of raw materials is estimated to restrain the global methyl silicate market during the forecast period
- The global methyl silicate market has been facing supply-demand shortages due to the industrial shutdown triggered by the COVID-19 outbreak. The pandemic has disrupted the supply of raw materials. This is projected to hamper full-scale operations. Supply shortage has also led to an increase in prices of raw material. Affected downstream supply chain may take longer for deliveries. The industrial shutdown has also adversely impacted product and inventory transportation, as logistic services have been hampered due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Solid/Powder Form Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Based on form, the global methyl silicate market can be bifurcated into solid/powder and liquid
- Solid/powder segment of methyl silicate is anticipated to dominate the market followed by liquid form
Paints & Coatings Application Segment to Hold Major Share of Market
- Based on application, the methyl silicate market can be divided into paints & coatings, adhesives, organic synthesis intermediates, and others
- The paints & coatings segment held the largest share of the global market in 2019. This trend is expected to continue during the forecast period.
- Rise in demand for adhesives is also anticipated to drive the demand for methyl silicate during the forecast period
Asia Pacific to Constitute Significant Share of Global Market
- In terms of region, the global methyl silicate market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific dominated the global market in 2019, led by the presence of key manufacturers, especially in China. Expansion of the paints & coatings industry in Asia Pacific is also likely to boost the methyl silicate market in the region
- North America held the second-largest share of the global methyl silicate market in 2019
Key Players in Market
The global methyl silicate market is fragmented, with the presence of several regional and global manufacturers. Prominent players operating in the global methyl silicate market are investing in production capacity expansion in order to maintain their leading position. Prominent players operating in the global methyl silicate market are investing in development of advanced manufacturing processes.
Key players operating in the global methyl silicate market include:
- Drägerwerk AG & Co. KGaA
- Wilshire Technologies
- Dalian Jiarui
- Nantong Chengua
- Zhangjiagang Xinya
- Jiangxi Chenguang
- Qufu Chenguang
Global Methyl silicate Market: Research Scope
Global Methyl silicate Market, by Form
Global Methyl silicate Market, by Application
- Paints & Coatings
- Organic Synthesis Intermediates
Global Methyl silicate Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!