Methyl Silicate Market: Overview
- Methyl silicate is a clear, colorless, and aromatic organic ester. It is available in crystalline solid as well as liquid forms. Methyl silicate hydrolyzes and forms a transparent, colorless film of silica.
- Methyl silicate is used in organic and inorganic hybrid coating materials and pre-coat paint for metals
- Methyl silicate is used as an additive in exterior paints for buildings due to its contamination-resistant and self-cleaning effects
- Methyl silicate is also used as a heat-resistant glass coating. It is also used in coatings for television picture tubes as well as various other applications such as adhesives and organic synthesis intermediates.
Rise in Demand for Coatings to Drive Global Methyl Silicate Market
- Expansion of the consumer electronics industry in Asia Pacific is projected to drive the global methyl silicate market during the forecast period
- Rise in usage of methyl silicate as an additive in paints & coatings is also expected to drive the global methyl silicate market
- Volatility in prices of raw materials is estimated to restrain the global methyl silicate market during the forecast period
- The global methyl silicate market has been facing supply-demand shortages due to the industrial shutdown triggered by the COVID-19 outbreak. The pandemic has disrupted the supply of raw materials. This is projected to hamper full-scale operations. Supply shortage has also led to an increase in prices of raw material. Affected downstream supply chain may take longer for deliveries. The industrial shutdown has also adversely impacted product and inventory transportation, as logistic services have been hampered due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Solid/Powder Form Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Based on form, the global methyl silicate market can be bifurcated into solid/powder and liquid
- Solid/powder segment of methyl silicate is anticipated to dominate the market followed by liquid form
Paints & Coatings Application Segment to Hold Major Share of Market
- Based on application, the methyl silicate market can be divided into paints & coatings, adhesives, organic synthesis intermediates, and others
- The paints & coatings segment held the largest share of the global market in 2019. This trend is expected to continue during the forecast period.
- Rise in demand for adhesives is also anticipated to drive the demand for methyl silicate during the forecast period
Asia Pacific to Constitute Significant Share of Global Market
- In terms of region, the global methyl silicate market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific dominated the global market in 2019, led by the presence of key manufacturers, especially in China. Expansion of the paints & coatings industry in Asia Pacific is also likely to boost the methyl silicate market in the region
- North America held the second-largest share of the global methyl silicate market in 2019
Key Players in Market
The global methyl silicate market is fragmented, with the presence of several regional and global manufacturers. Prominent players operating in the global methyl silicate market are investing in production capacity expansion in order to maintain their leading position. Prominent players operating in the global methyl silicate market are investing in development of advanced manufacturing processes.
Key players operating in the global methyl silicate market include:
- Drägerwerk AG & Co. KGaA
- Wilshire Technologies
- Dalian Jiarui
- Nantong Chengua
- Zhangjiagang Xinya
- Jiangxi Chenguang
- Qufu Chenguang
Global Methyl silicate Market: Research Scope
Global Methyl silicate Market, by Form
Global Methyl silicate Market, by Application
- Paints & Coatings
- Organic Synthesis Intermediates
Global Methyl silicate Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.