Methyl salicylate: Introduction
- Methyl salicylate is a chemical that smells like wintergreen. Demand for methyl salicylate is increasing in several over-the-counter products, including muscle ache creams.
- Methyl salicylate is an external analgesic found in over-the-counter (OTC) medicines that temporarily relieve minor body aches and muscle and joint pain associated with backache, arthritis, strains, sprains, and bruises. Methyl salicylate can also be found in topical pain medicines (e.g., creams or ointments) that contain more than one external analgesic active ingredient.
- Increasing usage of methyl salicylates in end-user industries; rising demand for candies, chewing gums, and mints; and increasing awareness about personal care products are key factors propelling the demand for methyl salicylate
- Rise in usage of methyl salicylate for production of fragrances and as preservative in food is also expected to fuel the market in the near future. Furthermore, a rise in the demand for salicylic acid and related compounds as masking agents for organophosphate pesticides is projected to offer significant opportunities for the market in the near future.
Methyl Salicylate Market: Segments
- The methyl salicylate market can be segmented based on purity, application, and region
- Based on purity, the methyl salicylate market can be divided into high purity methyl salicylate and Low purity methyl salicylate
- In terms of application, the global methyl salicylate market can be classified into food & beverage, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and others
COVID-19 Impact on Methyl Salicylate Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted a large number of countries across the globe. However, various measures introduced to deal with the pandemic, such as lockdowns, fall in trade activities, closing of various factories and workplaces in several countries, could save lives but they led to wide-ranging economic effects inducing economic contagion.
- Shortage in supply of raw materials from various manufacturers of methyl salicylate around the globe has resulted in a severe demand-supply gap. Manufacturers are further expected to be stranded on raw material orders owing to the logistics industry being significantly impacted due to the lockdown amid COVID-19.
- The shutdown in various countries across the globe has prohibited import of various components include additives and raw materials that are required to enhance performance, thereby hampering application industries
Asia Pacific to Dominate Global Methyl Salicylate Market
- In terms of geography, the global methyl salicylate market can be segmented into North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Middle East & Africa
- China, India, and Japan are leading the methyl salicylate market in Asia Pacific due to an increase in the demand for cosmetic products in these countries
- North America is the emerging region of the global methyl salicylate market. Increase in population, changing lifestyle, and improvement in disposable income are key reasons boosting the methyl salicylate market in the region. North America is projected to expand significantly owing to an increase in healthcare expenditure and a rise in number of research & development activities in the pharmaceutical sector. Additionally, rising investment of government agencies for the development of enhanced medicines is also expected to fuel the market in the region.
- The methyl salicylate market in Europe, particularly in countries such as the U.K., Germany, and France, has been expanding significantly due to rapid industrialization. The processing of methyl salicylate primarily takes place in Denmark and France. Norway and the Netherlands are also expected to contribute significantly to methyl salicylate market in Europe. Expansion of the market in Europe can be ascribed to favorable government policies.
- Demand for methyl salicylate is expected to increase in Latin America and Middle East & Africa in the near future due to a rise in standard of living of people in these regions
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Methyl Salicylate Market
Key manufacturers operating in the global methyl salicylate market include:
- Zhenjiang Gaopeng Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Alta Laboratories Ltd.
- Tokyo Chemical Industry Co., Ltd.
- Siddharth Carbochem Products Ltd.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific India Pvt. Ltd.
- Rephine Ltd
- Jiangsu Puyuan Chemical
- Nanjing Huajian Chemical
Global Methyl Salicylate Market: Research Scope
Global Methyl Salicylate Market, by Purity
Global Methyl Salicylate Market, by Application
- Food & Beverage
Global Methyl Salicylate Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.