Methyl Isobutyl Carbinol Market: Introduction
- Methyl isobutyl carbinol is a branched hexyl alcohol and an organic chemical compound that is used as a frother in mineral flotation. It is a colorless and clear liquid, and has limited solubility in water. It is miscible with organic solvents.
- Methyl isobutyl carbinol is used as a solvent in coating films. It is also employed in organic synthesis, and as a precursor to some plasticizers. It is also used in brake fluids. Methyl isobutyl carbinol is also known as methyl amyl alcohol and isobutyl methyl methanol.
- Methyl isobutyl carbinol exhibits good solvent properties for waxes, oils, dyestuffs, ethyl cellulose, and natural resins
Key Drivers of Global Methyl Isobutyl Carbinol Market
- The methyl isobutyl carbinol is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. Consumption of refined copper is anticipated to increase in the near future owing to the rise in demand for refined copper in the power sector and increase in production of electric vehicles. Growth in demand for frothers in copper and molybdenum sulfide ores is estimated to act as a major factor driving the methyl isobutyl carbinol market in the near future.
- Rise in consumption of lube oil additives is also projected to boost the methyl isobutyl carbinol market. Additionally, growth in demand for methyl isobutyl carbinol in emerging economies is likely to augment the methyl isobutyl carbinol market.
- Methyl isobutyl carbinol is a preferred frother for mining of ores such as coal, copper, and molybdenum sulfide. Expansion of the mining industry is anticipated to further drive the demand for methyl isobutyl carbinol.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Plasticizer Segment to Dominate Global Market
- Methyl isobutyl carbinol is primarily used as a raw material in the production of methyl amyl sebacate and methyl amyl phthalate, which are utilized as plasticizers. Increase in demand for plasticizers in various applications such as flooring & wall, cables/wires, film & sheet coverings, consumer goods, and coated fabrics is likely to stimulate the demand for methyl isobutyl carbinol.
- Methyl isobutyl carbinol is used in paints and surface coatings in the construction industry. The building & construction sector has been expanding at a significant pace in several emerging countries of Asia Pacific. This is expected to boost the usage of methyl isobutyl carbinol in the construction sector in the region.
Toxic Effects of Methyl Isobutyl Carbinol to Hamper Market
- Rise in awareness regarding the toxic effects of methyl isobutyl carbinol is anticipated to hamper the market. Furthermore, demand fluctuations and availability of substitutes are estimated to adversely affect the market in the near future.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Market in Asia Pacific Expected to Expand at Significant Pace
- In terms of region, the global methyl isobutyl carbinol market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is a rapidly growing region of the global methyl isobutyl carbinol market. China, South Korea, Thailand, India, Japan, Malaysia, Taiwan, and Indonesia are the major consumers of methyl isobutyl carbinol in the region.
- China is the key producer of various mining products such as gold, coal, copper, and steel. Thus, demand for methyl isobutyl carbinol is high in the country.
- Rapid development of the construction industry in China owing to government support for infrastructure investment; and increase in number of mining operations and upcoming government projects in the country are expected to provide lucrative opportunities for the market in the future
- North America dominated the global methyl isobutyl carbinol market in 2018, owing to the presence of a well-established construction sector in the region
- Upcoming mining operations in Latin America are estimated to boost the demand for methyl isobutyl carbinol in the region in the near future
Key Players Operating in Market
The global methyl isobutyl carbinol market is highly competitive with the presence of a number of large- and medium-sized players. High growth potential of the market is encouraging new local as well as international players to enter the market.
Key players operating in the global methyl isobutyl carbinol market include:
- Shell Chemicals
- Dow Chemical
- E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company
- Mitsubishi Chemical
- LG Chem
- Sumitomo Chemical
- Mitsui Chemicals
- Toray Industries
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Evonik Industries
Global Methyl Isobutyl Carbinol Market: Research Scope
Global Methyl Isobutyl Carbinol Market, by Application
- Corrosion Inhibitors
- Lube Oils and Hydraulic Fluids
Global Methyl Isobutyl Carbinol Market, by End-use Industry
Global Methyl Isobutyl Carbinol Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.