Methyl Isobutyl Carbinol Market: Introduction
- Methyl isobutyl carbinol is a branched hexyl alcohol and an organic chemical compound that is used as a frother in mineral flotation. It is a colorless and clear liquid, and has limited solubility in water. It is miscible with organic solvents.
- Methyl isobutyl carbinol is used as a solvent in coating films. It is also employed in organic synthesis, and as a precursor to some plasticizers. It is also used in brake fluids. Methyl isobutyl carbinol is also known as methyl amyl alcohol and isobutyl methyl methanol.
- Methyl isobutyl carbinol exhibits good solvent properties for waxes, oils, dyestuffs, ethyl cellulose, and natural resins
Key Drivers of Global Methyl Isobutyl Carbinol Market
- The methyl isobutyl carbinol is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. Consumption of refined copper is anticipated to increase in the near future owing to the rise in demand for refined copper in the power sector and increase in production of electric vehicles. Growth in demand for frothers in copper and molybdenum sulfide ores is estimated to act as a major factor driving the methyl isobutyl carbinol market in the near future.
- Rise in consumption of lube oil additives is also projected to boost the methyl isobutyl carbinol market. Additionally, growth in demand for methyl isobutyl carbinol in emerging economies is likely to augment the methyl isobutyl carbinol market.
- Methyl isobutyl carbinol is a preferred frother for mining of ores such as coal, copper, and molybdenum sulfide. Expansion of the mining industry is anticipated to further drive the demand for methyl isobutyl carbinol.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Plasticizer Segment to Dominate Global Market
- Methyl isobutyl carbinol is primarily used as a raw material in the production of methyl amyl sebacate and methyl amyl phthalate, which are utilized as plasticizers. Increase in demand for plasticizers in various applications such as flooring & wall, cables/wires, film & sheet coverings, consumer goods, and coated fabrics is likely to stimulate the demand for methyl isobutyl carbinol.
- Methyl isobutyl carbinol is used in paints and surface coatings in the construction industry. The building & construction sector has been expanding at a significant pace in several emerging countries of Asia Pacific. This is expected to boost the usage of methyl isobutyl carbinol in the construction sector in the region.
Toxic Effects of Methyl Isobutyl Carbinol to Hamper Market
- Rise in awareness regarding the toxic effects of methyl isobutyl carbinol is anticipated to hamper the market. Furthermore, demand fluctuations and availability of substitutes are estimated to adversely affect the market in the near future.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Market in Asia Pacific Expected to Expand at Significant Pace
- In terms of region, the global methyl isobutyl carbinol market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is a rapidly growing region of the global methyl isobutyl carbinol market. China, South Korea, Thailand, India, Japan, Malaysia, Taiwan, and Indonesia are the major consumers of methyl isobutyl carbinol in the region.
- China is the key producer of various mining products such as gold, coal, copper, and steel. Thus, demand for methyl isobutyl carbinol is high in the country.
- Rapid development of the construction industry in China owing to government support for infrastructure investment; and increase in number of mining operations and upcoming government projects in the country are expected to provide lucrative opportunities for the market in the future
- North America dominated the global methyl isobutyl carbinol market in 2018, owing to the presence of a well-established construction sector in the region
- Upcoming mining operations in Latin America are estimated to boost the demand for methyl isobutyl carbinol in the region in the near future
Key Players Operating in Market
The global methyl isobutyl carbinol market is highly competitive with the presence of a number of large- and medium-sized players. High growth potential of the market is encouraging new local as well as international players to enter the market.
Key players operating in the global methyl isobutyl carbinol market include:
- Shell Chemicals
- Dow Chemical
- E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company
- Mitsubishi Chemical
- LG Chem
- Sumitomo Chemical
- Mitsui Chemicals
- Toray Industries
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Evonik Industries
Global Methyl Isobutyl Carbinol Market: Research Scope
Global Methyl Isobutyl Carbinol Market, by Application
- Corrosion Inhibitors
- Lube Oils and Hydraulic Fluids
Global Methyl Isobutyl Carbinol Market, by End-use Industry
Global Methyl Isobutyl Carbinol Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.