Methyl Cellulose Derivatives Market: Introduction
- Methyl cellulose is usually synthesized by etherification of cellulose, mainly through a reaction between cellulose, alkali, and chloromethane or iodomethane
- In the food & beverages application, methyl cellulose derivatives are mainly used as a thickener and gelling additive. Additionally, these derivatives are used as a texturing agent for the manufacturing of bakery products, in order to increase volume, texture, and freshness of the bakery paste. Methyl cellulose derivatives are also used in the production of gluten- free products. These derivatives also find application in the beverage industry for stabilization of foams in cold drinks.
- The paints & coatings industry uses methyl cellulose derivatives as a paint rheological modifier and stabilizer for prevention from paint sagging. Additionally, these are used for the production protective colloid and pigment suspension in latex paints.
- The demand for methyl cellulose derivatives in cosmetics and personal care products is expected to increase in the near future, owing to their ability to maintain high consistency in the manufacturing of products, such as hair shampoos, hair styling products, liquid soaps, and body washes, lotions & creams, and toothpastes
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Drivers of Global Methyl Cellulose Derivatives Market
- With growth in aging population, health care systems across the globe are expected to face significant challenges. This, in turn, is likely to drive the demand for pharmaceutical products during the forecast period, thus resulting in increased demand for methyl cellulose derivatives for the treatment of various diseases such as diarrhea, hemorrhoids, etc.
- Methyl cellulose derivatives are majorly used as thickeners, binders, emulsifiers, and stabilizers in pharmaceutical & biomedical application. Methyl cellulose derivatives are extensively used in the production of medicines for the treatment of diseases such as Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca, constipation, diverticulosis, and irritable bowel syndrome. Moreover, owing to their excellent lubricating ability, methyl cellulose derivatives are also used in the treatment of dry eyes.
- Rapid expansion of the building & construction sector in both developing and developed nations has led to increase in demand for tiles across the globe. Additionally, rising disposable income of people worldwide has led to increase in the purchasing power of consumers. This has led to changes in lifestyle of people, including look and maintenance of their house. All these factors are projected to drive the methyl cellulose derivatives market.
- Furthermore, these derivatives offer excellent binding ability with polymers such as polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) for deposing tiles. In addition, derivatives such as hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose and hydroxyethyl methyl cellulose are added to mortar dry mixture for enhancing the properties of the mortar such as workability, water retention, viscosity, and adhesion to surfaces. The dry mortar mixture is mainly used in the production of tile adhesives, insulating plasters, machine sprayed plaster, crack fillers, etc. All these factors are projected to drive the methyl cellulose derivatives market in the near future.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Methyl Cellulose Derivatives Market
- In terms of region, the global methyl cellulose derivatives market can be divided into Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America
- Asia Pacific is the most rapidly expanding region for food & beverages, owing to extensive growth of population, rising urbanization, and increasing disposable incomes of the middle class population in the region. According to the data provided by Novozymes A/S, the global middle class population is estimated to increase to 4.9 billion by 2030. Asia Pacific is likely to account for a share of 64% of the total global middle class population, while Europe and North America are expected to account for a share of 22%. Due to the extensive growth in population, it is expected that the demand for personal care products such as body washes, lotions and creams, and toothpastes would increase, thus driving the methyl cellulose derivatives market.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players in Methyl Cellulose Derivatives Market
The global methyl cellulose derivatives market is fragmented in nature and is dominated by a few big players. Key manufacturers operating in the global methyl cellulose derivatives market include:
- Ashland Inc.
- DuPont de Nemours, Inc.
- Henan Botai Chemical Building Materials Co.,Ltd
- Brenntag AG
- Nouryon Chemicals Holding B.V.
- China RuiTai International Holdings Co., Ltd.
- CP Kelco U.S., Inc.
- SE Tylose GmbH & Co. KG
- LOTTE FINE CHEMICAL
- Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd
Global Methyl Cellulose Derivatives Market: Research Scope
Global Methyl Cellulose Derivatives Market, by Derivative
- Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose (HPMC)
- Hydroxyethyl Methyl Cellulose (HEMC)
Global Methyl Cellulose Derivatives Market, by Application
- Food & Beverage
- Paints & Coatings
- Pharmaceutical & Biomedical
- Cosmetics & Personal Care
- Building & Construction
- Others (adhesive, agriculture, papers and textiles)
Global Methyl Cellulose Derivatives Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.