Global Metallic Printing Inks Market: Overview
Metallic printing ink is a type of ink containing metallic particles. Common metals used to manufacture metallic ink include copper, aluminum, bronze, and zinc. Metallic printing inks offer superior brilliance, hiding power, and performance for all printing systems. After printing, when the metallic ink is left to dry, the metallic particles rise to the surface, reflecting light and creating a metallic sheen. Metallic printing inks are suitable for printing on boards, paper, metals (cans) as well as for in-mould applications. They are also used for digital printing. They are used for the metallic effect in digital prints on various substrates and for many applications such as posters & banners, textiles & leather, composite boards, labels, wood, carton & paper, marking & coding, proofing, car wraps, interior decoration, packaging, stickers, etc. These inks are made from high quality raw material using modern technologies. They are acclaimed for high color strength and fast drying properties.
Metallic printing inks provide a shining texture when they are used in offset, gravure, flexo, screen, and digital printing. They are available for oil-, solvent-, water-based, and UV curing systems. Metallic printing inks are also used for food packaging applications. When used in solvent-based systems, they provide a very high gloss level and permit extraordinary effects particularly on synthetic materials. They are especially suitable for wide format printing and proofing systems.
Global Metallic Printing Inks Market: Key Segments
In terms of application, metallic printing inks are used in a multitude of commercial printing applications such as high-end brochures and catalogs, greeting cards, gift wraps, book covers, and advertisements. Food, beverage, cosmetic, and many other product packaging applications also use a significant amount of metallic inks for flexible packaging, labels, folding cartons, and corrugated board. Packaging is the dominant segment of the metallic printing inks market due to the usage of the inks in e-commerce and the shipping industry.
One of the prime drivers of the global metallic printing inks market is the rise in demand for the inks from the packaging sector. The packaging sector has expanded at a rapid pace in recent years due to the steady growth of ecommerce and rising demand for international shipping of non-consumer goods. Rise in use of paperboard packaging has also boosted demand for global metallic printing inks market. It is likely to remain a key driver for the market in the coming years.
In terms of region, the metallic printing inks market can be classified North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa. North America is a leading contributor to the global metallic printing inks market. The steady presence of the commercial printing industry as well as the packaging industry in North America is a key driver of the printing inks market in the region. The rise in demand for international shipping from North American companies is likely to remain an important driver of the metallic printing inks market in the near future. The firm establishment of the e-commerce sector has also enabled steady demand from the printing inks market in North America. The demand for metallic printing inks market in Asia Pacific is high due to the increasing number of manufacturing bases. Demand for metallic printing inks in countries such as India, China, and nations in Southeast Asia has increased due to rise in demand for packing products such as paper, cartons, labels, and film in the region.
Global Metallic Printing Inks Market: Key Players
Key players in the metallic printing inks market include Roland DGA Corporation, Repro Graphics Pvt. Ltd., and Colors.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.