Metallic Biocides Market: Product Introduction
- Biocides are active chemical or biological compounds that are used to control the growth of harmful organisms, such as bacteria and fungi, or to kill them. Metallic biocides protect polymer dispersions from microbial contamination, which results in overall protection of the final formulation from microbial spoilage.
- Metallic biocides are likely to witness substantial demand for use in dynamic systems, such as metalworking fluids, textiles, leather, and pesticides, wherein the parameters of temperature, pH, and ingredient compatibility are crucial.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Metallic Biocides Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers and Restrains of Metallic Biocides Market
- Demand for metallic biocides has been increasing due to rise in the consumption of these biocides in the paints & coatings industry. Additionally, extensive usage of metallic biocides in Asia Pacific led by growth of construction activities is fueling the paints & coatings industry in the region, thereby propelling the metallic biocides market in the region.
- As per the recent statistics presented by the Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO), by 2050, the urban areas would constitute about 70% of the global population. Such high rate of urbanization is expected to drive various industries including paints & coatings, oil & gas, and water treatment. This, in turn, would drive the market for metallic biocides during the forecast period.
- Availability of substitutes for metallic biocides and regulatory restrictions over certain metallic biocides may hamper the market for metallic biocides
- Significant demand for metallic biocides is expected to come from the global wood industry during the forecast period. Wood is susceptible to deterioration by attacks from insects, fungi, and marine boring animals. Several losses associated with wood deterioration can be prevented by using biocides as agents creating unsuitable conditions for microbial growth, which increases timber durability leading to forest conservation.
Silver-based Biocides to be an Expanding Product Segment
- In terms of product, the global metallic biocides market can be classified into silver, copper & alloys, zinc, and others. In terms of volume, the silver segment is anticipated to expand significantly during the forecast period, due to non-toxic, eco-friendly, sustainable, and flammable properties of silver. Furthermore, silver biocide possesses high thermal stability and effectiveness. This is driving the demand for silver biocide in textile and medical applications.
- Demand for metallic biocides is significantly rising in the medical segment due to high effectiveness of silver nanoparticles in infections on surfaces of bone implants. Furthermore, silver- and copper-based biocides are largely used in numerous medical applications such as wound dressings, medical textiles, medical device coatings, and sterilizers.
Oil & Gas Industry to Witness Significant Demand for Metallic Biocides
- Based on end-use industry, the global metallic biocides market can be divided into paints & coatings, water treatment, medical, textiles & leather, wood preservation, agriculture, oil & gas, and others
- Rise in offshore drilling activities to meet the global demand for crude oil and natural gas increases chances for microbial attacks causing corrosion and spoilage. Metallic biocides are expected to hold significant demand in oil & gas production, drilling, and processing activities by 2027, to protect the equipment from corrosion and prevent functional fluids spoilage.
- Paints & coatings industry is likely to expand substantially during forecast period. Paints and coatings are susceptible to contamination and degradation by a variety of microorganisms throughout their lifecycle. Silver based biocides demonstrate a broad level of antimicrobial effectiveness and are likely to hold strong potential in paints & coatings industry during forecast period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Metallic Biocides Market here
Asia Pacific to be the Rapidly Expanding Market for Metallic Biocides
- In terms of region, the global metallic biocides market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the rapidly expanding market for metallic biocides in the near future. The market in Asia Pacific has been expanding over the last few years, due to growth of paints & coatings and construction industries in China and India. Furthermore, robust industrial growth in Asia Pacific is a key factor propelling the metallic biocides market in the region. The metallic biocides market in developing economies of ASEAN has been expanding at a rapid pace. This is estimated to create lucrative opportunities for the market in the next few years.
- North America is estimated to account for a major share of the global metallic biocides market, due to its mature economy and rise in awareness about usage of metallic biocides in the region. Additionally, flexible regulations about use of silver biocide, growth in initiatives toward identification of new application areas for metallic biocides, and presence of several leading players in the U.S. are primary factors driving the metallic biocides market in the region.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global metallic biocides market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global metallic biocides market include:
- BASF SE
- Clariant AG
- Lonza Group Ltd.
- Troy Corporation
- Milliken Chemical Company
- Sanitized AG
- Steritouch Ltd.
- Noble Biomaterials Inc.
- Renaissance Chemicals Ltd.
Global Metallic Biocides Market: Research Scope
Global Metallic Biocides Market, by Product
- Copper & alloys
Global Metallic Biocides Market, by End-use Industry
- Paints & Coatings
- Water Treatment
- Textiles & Leather
- Oil & Gas
- Others (Including Personal Care and HVAC)
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.