Metalized Biaxially Oriented Polypropylene Films Market Introduction;
- Metalized biaxially oriented polypropylene films are produced by stretching polypropylene films in machine direction and transverse direction. These films are used in a vast range of applications comprising food packaging, electronics, labelling, graphics, and lamination.
- Metalized biaxially oriented polypropylene films give superior metallic appearance that help differentiate various products on the shelf. Properties of metalized biaxially oriented polypropylene films include good surface tension, and post lamination operations such as foil stamping and UV spot coating. Additionally, metalized biaxially oriented polypropylene films provide excellent moisture barrier. Metallized variants of these films provide better oxygen barrier to products.
- In terms of application, the global metalized biaxially oriented polypropylene films market can be segmented into packaging, electronics & insulation, lamination, graphics, labels & tags, and others. The packaging segment is estimated to expand at a fast pace during the forecast period owing to rapidly growing packaging industry in developing and developed countries. Demand for metalized biaxially oriented polypropylene films is high across the globe driven by expansion in the flexible packaging industry. Metalized biaxially oriented polypropylene films offer numerous advantages such as shelf life extension, consistent and excellent seal integrity, and sustainability.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Metalized Biaxially Oriented Polypropylene Films Market
Key Drivers of Global Metalized Biaxially Oriented Polypropylene Films Market
- Rise in usage of metalized biaxially oriented polypropylene films in the packaging industry is expected to augment the market in the near future. Metalized biaxially oriented polypropylene films are preferred substrates for packaging in various sectors such as medical, food & beverages, cosmetics, and personal care. Metalized biaxially oriented polypropylene films possess various beneficial properties such as inherent moisture barrier, sealability, high clarity, graphic reproduction, and shelf appeal. These properties make them ideal materials in the packaging industry.
- Consumption of metalized biaxially oriented polypropylene films is expected to increase in various end-user industries. This is anticipated to boost the metalized biaxially oriented polypropylene films market. Metalized biaxially oriented polypropylene films have a relatively low carbon footprint vis-à-vis other plastic film substrates such as polyester. After cellulose film, metalized biaxially oriented polypropylene films are the preferred substrates in flexible food packaging. These films require lower energy to convert from one form to other due to their low melting point. High transparency in metalized biaxially oriented polypropylene films provides high level of esthetic appeal to product packaging.
Global Metalized Biaxially Oriented Polypropylene Films Market Restraints
- High cost of raw materials is projected to hamper the global metalized biaxially oriented polypropylene films market. Raw materials such as PP polymer, thermoplastic polypropylene resins, and metal additives are used in the preparation of metalized biaxially oriented polypropylene films. Prices of these raw materials are considerably high. This raises the overall production cost of metalized biaxially oriented polypropylene films.
- Presence of stringent environmental regulations and difficulty in recycling metalized biaxially oriented polypropylene films are also likely to hamper the metalized biaxially oriented polypropylene films market. Stringent environment regulatory measures have been imposed on the usage of metalized biaxially oriented polypropylene films due to rise in environmental concerns across the globe. This is expected to restrain the market in the near future.
COVID-19 impact on Metalized Biaxially Oriented Polypropylene Films Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has led to an increase in demand for certain food products as well as medical, health care, and pharmaceutical products. This is expected to boost the demand for metalized biaxially oriented polypropylene films in packaging of these products.
- Key players operating in metalized biaxially oriented polypropylene films market are primarily tier I and tier II manufacturers and suppliers. Manufacture and supply chain facilities of these companies are spread across various countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Several players have halted their production output since the last few months due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The pandemic has negatively impacted the supply chain of metalized biaxially oriented polypropylene films market. Thus, demand for metalized biaxially oriented polypropylene films is expected to decline in 2020.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Metalized Biaxially Oriented Polypropylene Films Market
- Based on region, the global metalized biaxially oriented polypropylene films market can be segmented into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America.
- In terms of consumption, Asia Pacific is estimated to hold major share of the global market during the forecast period owing to rapidly expanding packaging industry and growth in technological advancements in the industry. The packaging industry is rapidly growing in China, India, Japan, ASEAN, and Southeast Asia owing to the rise in demand for food & beverages, consumer goods, and electronics devices.
- North America is also anticipated to account for large share of the global metalized biaxially oriented polypropylene films market during the forecast period owing to increase in demand for personal care products and smart electronic devices. Demand for smart electronics devices such as laptops, and mobile phones and accessories has increased through e-commerce platforms during the COVID-19 pandemic. This is likely to boost the consumption of metalized biaxially oriented polypropylene films in the near future.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Prominent Players in Metalized Biaxially Oriented Polypropylene Films Market
Major players operating in the global metalized biaxially oriented polypropylene films market are adopting various organic and inorganic growth strategies, such as joint ventures, mergers & acquisitions, expansion, collaborations, new product launches, strategic alliances, and research and development, to increase their regional presence and business operations. Key players operating in the market include:
- DUNMORE Corporation
- Vibac Group S.p.a.
- Chiripal Poly Film Limited
- Cosmo Films
- JINDAL POLY FILMS Ltd.
Global Metalized Biaxially Oriented Polypropylene Films Market, by Application
- Electronics& Insulation
- Labels & Tags
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.