Metal-faced Insulated Panels: Introduction
- Metal-faced insulated (sandwich) panels are composed of construction-insulation featured cores. They are glued into the core metal facings (inner and outer) used in several industries owing to their inherent advantageous characteristics such as high thermal and chemical resistance, durability, low smoke emission, and excellent abrasion resistance.
- These panels have high performance, interlocking metal facings that provide protective and consistent joints. Metal-faced insulated panels are sealed with silicone for a continuous anti-bacterial barrier. When exposed to flame, PIR (polyisocyanurate) forms a strong carbonaceous char that protects the core foam from ignition. PIR is recognized by various end-use industries as a fire-safe alternative to other foam cores such as polyurethane.
- Metal-faced insulated panels are used in internal ceilings, walls & linings, and external envelopes. The low-density rigid foam imparts lower combustibility, increased fire performance, and high insulation levels. Features such as energy savings and ease in installation have boosted the PIR metal-faced insulated panels market.
- Metal-faced insulated panels are generally used in construction of roofs and walls in commercial buildings, architectural buildings, cold storage buildings, etc. Different panels with varying attributes are employed depending on the type of buildings. The commercial & industrial segment includes recreational buildings, institutional buildings, government buildings, and manufacturing plants. These buildings require energy-efficient insulation and lightweight construction. Schools or power plants constructed with metal-faced insulated panels benefit from energy efficiency. Additionally, they require customization in shapes, colors, finishes, and fabrication such as bent corners, curved panels, and trimless ends. Metal-faced insulated panels are highly efficient options for applications that entail temperature control.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Metal-faced Insulated Panels Market
- Metal-faced insulated panels are highly adaptable and lightweight construction materials. These panels offer flexibility and high performance. The construction industry has been expanding in developed and developing countries. This is expected to boost the metal-faced insulated panels market during the forecast period. The protection provided by metal-faced insulated panels against warmer climates is another factor driving the market. The usage of metal-faced insulated panels in the construction sector is projected to rise during the forecast period owing to the increase in construction activities across the world.
- The U.K. Government has announced initiatives to construct new schools. According to a spokeswoman of the Department of Education, the U.K, an investment of around US$ 9.21 Bn is expected to be made in new constructions by 2022. This is anticipated to propel the metal-faced insulated panels market in the country during the forecast period.
Metal-faced Insulated Panels: Core Material Segment
- Based on core material, the global metal-faced insulated panels market has been segmented into blowing agents, polyurethane (PUR), polyisocyanurate (PIR), mineral wool (MW), polystyrene (PS), and phenolic (PF)
- The polyisocyanurate (PIR) segment is estimated to hold significant share of the market in the near future. The segment is expected to expand at a healthy CAGR during the forecast period, owing to exceptional benefits offered by the PIR material.
Covid-19 Impact on Metal-faced Insulated Panels Market
- Several governments and private sector businesses across the globe are operating in a limited capacity. Many companies have ceased operations completely due to the recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic. Various manufacturing activities of different materials and products across the globe came to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials, shortage of labor, and other reasons. This is projected to hamper the metal-faced insulated panels market in the near future.
Asia Pacific to be Key Region of Global Metal-faced Insulated Panels Market
- In terms of region, the global metal-faced insulated panel market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The construction sector in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a significant pace in the near future, owing to the rise in population, increase in income of the middle-class population, and urbanization. Growth in infrastructure activities and the entry of major players from the European Union into the lucrative market of China are further fueling the construction sector in the region.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Metal-faced Insulated Panels Market
The global metal-faced insulated panel market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players have prominent presence in developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global metal-faced insulated panels market include:
- Assan Panel
- NCI Building Systems
- TATA Steel
- Zhongjie Group
Global Metal-faced Insulated Panels Market: Research Scope
Global Metal-faced Insulated Panels Market, by Usage
Global Metal-faced Insulated Panels Market, by Core Material
- Blowing Agents
- Polyurethane (PUR)
- Polyisocyanurate (PIR)
- Mineral Wool (MW)
- Polystyrene (PS)
- Phenolic (PF)
Global Metal-faced Insulated Panels Market, by Application
- Cold Storage
- Food Processing
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!