Metal-faced Insulated Panels: Introduction
- Metal-faced insulated (sandwich) panels are composed of construction-insulation featured cores. They are glued into the core metal facings (inner and outer) used in several industries owing to their inherent advantageous characteristics such as high thermal and chemical resistance, durability, low smoke emission, and excellent abrasion resistance.
- These panels have high performance, interlocking metal facings that provide protective and consistent joints. Metal-faced insulated panels are sealed with silicone for a continuous anti-bacterial barrier. When exposed to flame, PIR (polyisocyanurate) forms a strong carbonaceous char that protects the core foam from ignition. PIR is recognized by various end-use industries as a fire-safe alternative to other foam cores such as polyurethane.
- Metal-faced insulated panels are used in internal ceilings, walls & linings, and external envelopes. The low-density rigid foam imparts lower combustibility, increased fire performance, and high insulation levels. Features such as energy savings and ease in installation have boosted the PIR metal-faced insulated panels market.
- Metal-faced insulated panels are generally used in construction of roofs and walls in commercial buildings, architectural buildings, cold storage buildings, etc. Different panels with varying attributes are employed depending on the type of buildings. The commercial & industrial segment includes recreational buildings, institutional buildings, government buildings, and manufacturing plants. These buildings require energy-efficient insulation and lightweight construction. Schools or power plants constructed with metal-faced insulated panels benefit from energy efficiency. Additionally, they require customization in shapes, colors, finishes, and fabrication such as bent corners, curved panels, and trimless ends. Metal-faced insulated panels are highly efficient options for applications that entail temperature control.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Metal-faced Insulated Panels Market
- Metal-faced insulated panels are highly adaptable and lightweight construction materials. These panels offer flexibility and high performance. The construction industry has been expanding in developed and developing countries. This is expected to boost the metal-faced insulated panels market during the forecast period. The protection provided by metal-faced insulated panels against warmer climates is another factor driving the market. The usage of metal-faced insulated panels in the construction sector is projected to rise during the forecast period owing to the increase in construction activities across the world.
- The U.K. Government has announced initiatives to construct new schools. According to a spokeswoman of the Department of Education, the U.K, an investment of around US$ 9.21 Bn is expected to be made in new constructions by 2022. This is anticipated to propel the metal-faced insulated panels market in the country during the forecast period.
Metal-faced Insulated Panels: Core Material Segment
- Based on core material, the global metal-faced insulated panels market has been segmented into blowing agents, polyurethane (PUR), polyisocyanurate (PIR), mineral wool (MW), polystyrene (PS), and phenolic (PF)
- The polyisocyanurate (PIR) segment is estimated to hold significant share of the market in the near future. The segment is expected to expand at a healthy CAGR during the forecast period, owing to exceptional benefits offered by the PIR material.
Covid-19 Impact on Metal-faced Insulated Panels Market
- Several governments and private sector businesses across the globe are operating in a limited capacity. Many companies have ceased operations completely due to the recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic. Various manufacturing activities of different materials and products across the globe came to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials, shortage of labor, and other reasons. This is projected to hamper the metal-faced insulated panels market in the near future.
Asia Pacific to be Key Region of Global Metal-faced Insulated Panels Market
- In terms of region, the global metal-faced insulated panel market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The construction sector in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a significant pace in the near future, owing to the rise in population, increase in income of the middle-class population, and urbanization. Growth in infrastructure activities and the entry of major players from the European Union into the lucrative market of China are further fueling the construction sector in the region.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Metal-faced Insulated Panels Market
The global metal-faced insulated panel market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players have prominent presence in developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global metal-faced insulated panels market include:
- Assan Panel
- NCI Building Systems
- TATA Steel
- Zhongjie Group
Global Metal-faced Insulated Panels Market: Research Scope
Global Metal-faced Insulated Panels Market, by Usage
Global Metal-faced Insulated Panels Market, by Core Material
- Blowing Agents
- Polyurethane (PUR)
- Polyisocyanurate (PIR)
- Mineral Wool (MW)
- Polystyrene (PS)
- Phenolic (PF)
Global Metal-faced Insulated Panels Market, by Application
- Cold Storage
- Food Processing
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.