Metal Putty Market: Overview
- Metal putty is a hand-mixable, steel-reinforced, non-rusting putty that can quickly repair or rebuild anything made of metal. After mixing, it forms an industrial-strength polymer compound that can be molded into shapes or used to build, patch, and repair steel components. Metal putty cures to dark grey color and it has tensile strength of 900 PSI. It can withstand temperatures of up to 300°F. Metal putty is primarily used to repair defects in steel and aluminum structures.
- The global metal putty market is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to increasing demand from steel and aluminum sectors
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Drivers of Global Metal Putty Market
- The global metal putty market is driven by the steadily recovering global economy and improvement in the outlook for automotive and manufacturing sectors. Asia Pacific accounted for a major share of the global market in 2019, owing to rise in public sector investments in defense and aerospace infrastructure in various countries including China, Malaysia, South Korea, and India. Another factor driving the market in the region is increase in foreign direct investments in the manufacturing sector in key economies of Asia.
- Metal putty is used for repair of pipelines, valves, pump shells, tank bodies made of concrete; for stopping leakage from water machineries; and for repair of watercrafts, mines, and buildings
- Growth of the automotive industry in countries such as the U.S. and expansion of the aviation industry in North America are estimated to boost the metal putty market in the region during the forecast period. Presence of several leading automotive players, such as Ford, Bombardier, and General Motors, in the U.S. and Canada is also projected to propel the demand for metal putty in North America in the near future.
High-temperature Aluminum Putty Type Segment to Witness Attractive Opportunities
- Among types, the high-temperature aluminum putty segment accounted for a major share of the global metal putty market in 2019 and is estimated to continue its attractiveness during the forecast period, primarily due to rise in the demand for high-temperature aluminum putty from the casting industry. Metal putty is used in all aluminum casting parts, due to its high strength and anti-corrosion properties.
- In aluminum casting, metal putty is employed for rebuilding of various aluminum casting parts, air holes, and sand holes and repair of shrinkage and cracks. It is also used for filling of oversize, repair of scratches, and repair of damaged parts.
- In steel casting, metal putty is used to repair defects and rebuild steel and iron casting parts. It is also employed for repair and rebuilding of worn components such as bearings and fan housings.
High Prices and Stringent Regulations Likely to Hamper Market
- Rise in awareness about environmental issues caused by VOC (volatile organic compound) emissions from metal putty has resulted in implementation of regulations on metal putty across the world, including developing regions. These regulations restrict the production of conventional metal putty materials.
- High prices of raw materials and environmental regulations on VOC emissions and other suspended air particles are expected to adversely affect the global metal putty market during the forecast period
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Asia Pacific to Hold a Major Share of Global Metal Putty Market
- The metal putty market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand significantly during the forecast period, owing to growing usage of metal putty in various end-use applications and its use in place of the traditional anti-corrosion methods
- The market in Europe and Middle East & Africa is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, owing to growth of the casting industry in these regions
- Rise in foreign direct investments (FDIs) in automotive and construction industries in developing economies of Asia Pacific is a key factor that is likely to fuel the market in the region during the forecast period
Key Players in Global Metal Putty Market
Various players operate in the global metal putty market. However, there is an increasing shift in dynamics toward market consolidation. This can be ascribed to development of new products by major companies operating in the U.S. and Europe in order to capitalize on untapped potential of Asia Pacific and Africa. Key players operating in the global metal putty market are:
- J-B Weld
- Cotronics Corp
- MOTIP DUPLI B.V.
- Protective Coating
Global Metal Putty Market: Research Scope
Global Metal Putty Market, by Type
- Machinable Aluminum Putty
- High-temperature Aluminum Putty
- High-temperature Stainless Steel Putty
Global Metal Putty Market, by Application
- Patching Leaky Pipes, Valves, and Fittings
- Repairing Pumps, Machinery, and Equipment
- Rebuilding Worn Shafts, Housings, and Linings
- Filling Holes Prior to Powder Coating
- Manufacturing Industry
Global Metal Putty Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.