Global Metal Furniture Market – Introduction
- Metal furniture is made by using various metal parts such as iron, carbon steel, and aluminum. Iron and steel products are extensively used in several office furnishings and outdoor settings. Cast iron is primarily utilized in outdoor furnishings and settings such as bench legs and solid iron tables. Cast iron is suited to outdoor use due to its hardness, heaviness, and general tough composition. Stainless steel is commonly used for modern contemporary interior furnishings. Metal furniture involving the use of stainless steel comprises several hinges, slides, supports, and body pieces. Metal furniture is a popular choice of furnishings, especially employed outdoors for decks and patios, and it is gaining traction worldwide.
Metal furniture stronger and durable than wood
- Metal furniture are found to be stronger and lighter than wood. These metal furniture are also more durable and can sustain for long time periods. Metal furniture can withstand heat and dry weather better and can be molded into almost any form or shape, thereby resulting in more contemporary furniture. They are rigid and have a characteristic luster (shine), which makes them both useful and decorative. Metal furniture can be used for indoor and outdoor purposes and is capable of withstanding rains and harsh weather conditions.
Less maintenance is required
- Good quality metal furniture is affordable and lasts for 10 – 15 years or longer as compared to its wood equivalent. Metal furniture is esthetically more pleasing and deters bed bugs, and it can be easier to clean and tolerates pest fighting chemicals better than wood due to its less absorbent surface. Little maintenance is required over the years, barring repainting and greasing of joints. Aluminum furniture, such as chairs, tables, shelves, and cupboards, are also easy to maintain and long-lasting and neat is often found in offices.
North America to Dominate Global Metal Furniture Market
- The global metal furniture market can be segmented into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America accounted for a major share of the global metal furniture market in 2020. The market in North America and Europe is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace due to a rise in number of modern office and for their customizable office furniture, increase in demand for acoustics products, increase in comfortable upholstered recliners, sofas, stationary chairs, and lift chairs in countries such as the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Germany, and France, which is projected to surge the sales of metal furniture in the near future.
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a significant growth rate during the forecast period due to high net disposable income, rise in urbanization, increase in number of households, and expansion of commercial sectors such as hotels and restaurants requiring highly durable metal furniture in countries such as China, India, Japan, and other countries in Southeast Asia
Key Players Operating in Global Metal Furniture Market
Major players operating in the global metal furniture market are likely to face intense competition during the forecast period. Prominent companies such as Steelcase Inc., Herman Miller, Urban Office, and Haworth Inc. are focusing on producing metal furniture which are stronger, requires less maintenance, and are durable. The companies are also focusing on producing lightweight metal furniture which are easy to carry and keep. Key players operating in the global metal furniture market include:
- Steelcase Inc.
- Herman Miller
- Urban Office
- Haworth Inc.
- HNI Corp.
- FLEXFORM S.p.A.
- Oliver Metal Furniture
Global Metal Furniture Market – Research Scope
Global Metal Furniture Market, by Type
Global Metal Furniture Market, by Material
- Iron and Cast Iron
- Carbon Steel
- Stainless Steel
- Others (Alloy, etc.)
Global Metal Furniture Market, by Price Range
Global Metal Furniture Market, by End-use
Global Metal Furniture Market, by Distribution Channel
- Company-owned Website
- E-commerce Websites
- Specialty Stores
- Others (independent retail stores, etc.)
Global Metal Furniture Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!