Metal Drums: An Overview
A rise in demand for chemicals & petroleum lubricants from varied end-use industries with a mounting focus on strengthening the supply chain capability is expected to drive the need for industrial metal drums. Metal drums are anticipated to be the most common form of liquid, semi-liquids (solvents) and powder packaging. Manufacturers across the globe are siting increase in demand for cost-economical yet exceedingly efficient solutions to overcome the bulk packaging challenges. Hence, several industrial rigid packaging companies concentrate on expanding their product range to cater budding demands from numerous end-use industries.
Metal drums market: Dynamics
Developing economies such as India & China are likely to witness very minimal sign of economic slow-down compared to Western economies. Booming economy owing to growth in the industrial sector, in this APAC region is projected to channelize the warehousing as well as logistics sector thereby generating the demand of rigid heavy duty metal drums.
Key developments & Trends
The established market players that currently operate in the industrial packaging market are out to acquire or collaborate with local/regional players in order to expand its market presence and gain significant market share.
- In March 2018, MAUSER USA, LLC acquired manufacturing facilities of Atlanta based MaschioPack North America LLC. This acquisition offers MAUSER an opportunity to expand its footprint in North America, with supply of additional manufacturing backing for its reconditioning affiliate, National Container Group (NCG).
Global metal drums market: Research methodology
A robust methodology was used to arrive at the market size of metal drums. Both supply-side and demand side analysis were performed.
The key manufacturers of metal drums were identified, and their revenues were tracked with the help of primary interviews and paid databases such as Factiva, Avention, and Morningstar, among others. The revenue generated by the sale of industrial packaging segment was carefully tracked for each company, from which, the revenue generation from the sale of metal drums was mapped. The production capacity of each key player was tracked. Based on the data, a tier analysis was performed to classify the companies under different revenue categories.
The demand for industrial metal drums was carefully tracked. The data was split among various end use industries and applications for metal drums to arrive at the demand. Various sources were cited to validate the numbers obtained, industry experts (sales and business heads of key companies, paid interviews with independent packaging consultants, etc.) were contacted, along with extensive desk research.
Global Metal drums Market: Segmentation
The global metal drums market has been segmented as follows –
On the basis of capacity of drums, the global metal drums market has been segmented as –
- Less than 10-gallon drums
- Ranging between 10-gallon to 20-gallon
- Ranging between 20-gallon to 30-gallon
- Ranging between 30-gallon to 50-gallon
- Ranging between 50-gallon to 70-gallon
- Ranging between 70-gallon to 100-gallon
- Above 100-gallon drums
On the basis of product type, the global metal drums market has been segmented as –
- Stainless steel drums
- Cold rolled steel drums
- Hot rolled steel drums
- Galvanized iron drums
- Tin plate coil drums
On the basis of applications, the global metal drums market has been segmented as –
- Food & Beverages
- Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals
- Food & Beverage
- Paints, Inks & Dyes
- Building & Construction
- Plastics & Rubber
- Agriculture and Horticulture
- Oil & Lubricants
- Other Industrial applications
On the basis of region, the global metal drums market is segmented as –
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific excluding Japan
- Middle East & Africa
North America an established market with significant volumetric transactions of industrial goods, is estimated to lead the charge in the global metal drums market, with Asia-Pacific likely to follow its foot steps.
Global metal drums market: Key players
Few of the leading players operating in the global metal drums market are –
- Mauser Group B.V.
- Balmer Lawrie & Co. Ltd.
- Greif, Inc.
- Clouds Drums L.L.C.
- Metal Drum Company Limited(THE).
- Con-Tech International Inc.
- Eagle Manufacturing Company.
- Richmond Machine Company.
- Kaplan Container Inc.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
- A detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size regarding volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies for key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.