Global Metal Detectable Tags and Labels Market: An Overview
Metal detectable tags and labels are commonly used in the processed food industry, for safety and health reasons, to identify whether any indication of contamination is left behind. The key concern of the food industry is accidental contamination. Although contamination cannot be completely ruled out, metal detectable tags and labels comes into play in case impurities present in the food. Metal detectable foils are placed in between the plastic sheet and paper, and covered with synthetic material to give good resistance. Metal detectable tags and labels are available in variants like printed information and barcode or written on labels tags, this provides number of options for selection of metal detectable tags and labels, which drives their demand. Thermal transfer printers are used for printing information on metal detectable tags and labels. The global market for metal detectable tags and labels is influenced by food and beverages industry. Therefore, it is critical for food and beverage industries to control contamination without the use of metal detectable tags and labels. Metal detectable tags and labels used in the textile industry for proper identification and information storage can drive the market for metal detectable tags and labels during the forecast period.
Global Metal Detectable Tags and Labels Market: Dynamics
Metal detectable tags and labels work on the principle of magnetic frequency produced by a metal detector in which two distinct coils, transmitter coil and receiver coil, are placed together. Metal detectable tags and labels are used to detect the impurities and contamination present in the food. Metal detectable tags and labels are also used in animal identification by punching a tag in their ear with a barcode or information tag, so that proper identification of animals can be done by the government. Metal detectable tags and labels are the need of the food industry to improve the quality of food by indicating the presence of metallic residue involved due to metal containers for packaging, so the demand for tags will simultaneously increase. Metal detector tags also help in indicating non-conductive materials like ceramics and glass, textiles, oils, concrete, rubber, and plastic. The demand for metal detectable tags and labels will rise due to the growth in the textile industry, where needles and staples need to be detected from clothes. Water treatment industry also uses metal detectable tags and labels in pipelines to ensure that the water flow does not contain any impurities or metal particles. Metal detectable tags and labels are available in various colors and several features. Metal detectable tags and labels are developed and modified on regular intervals. Hence, the metal detectable tags and label market is expected to show high growth during the forecast period.
Want to know the obstructions to your company’s growth in future? Request a brochure here
Global Metal Detectable Tags and Labels Market: Segmentation
The global metal detectable tags and labels market is segmented as follows -
By material type, the global metal detectable tags and labels market is segmented into –
- Stainless Steel
- Anodized Aluminum
By product size, the global metal detectable tags and labels market is segmented into –
- Standard Sizes
- 48mm X 265mm
- 48mm X 279mm
- 25mm X 190mm
- 50mm X 279mm
- 6mm X 280mm
- 70mm X 122mm
- Custom Sizes
By product shape, the global metal detectable tags and labels market is segmented into –
By end-user industry, the global metal detectable tags and labels market is segmented into –
- Food & Beverages
- Electrical & Electronics
Global Metal Detectable Tags and Labels Market: Regional Outlook
The demand for metal detectable tags and labels is high in well-developed markets such as North America and Western Europe due to high literacy and acceptance of advanced technological adaptation by manufacturers. Impressive growth in Asia Pacific is being forecasted due to rising population and increased need for processed food in the region, which is expected to give a thrust to the global market for metal detectable tags and labels during the forecast period.
Looking for exclusive market insights from business experts? Request a Custom Report here
Recent Developments in the Global Metal Detectable Tags and Labels Market
Metal detectable tags like metal detectable ID tags for zip ties used in pharmaceuticals and food industries allow customers to customize their tags by printing or writing directly on them, for easy and flexible use.
- In January 2019, Fortress Technology, a key manufacturer of metal detector systems, designed the interceptor DF (12) to maximize the detection of metal contaminants in high-value food. This new metal detector features multi-oriented technology that is able to multi-scan food.
- In January 2019, Scopic, a brand of Steritouch Ltd, launched detectable solutions for silicon and rubber, which embed metal and x-ray detectable properties in products in the food processing industry.
Global Metal Detectable Tags and Labels Market: Key players
Some of the leading players operating in the global metal detectable tags and labels market are as follows –
- Detectamet Ltd.
- Brady Corporation
- Alan Northrop Ltd Label Printers
- Lara Marketing Labels
- Bluepoint Tags & Labels Ltd
- Dura-ID Solutions Limited
- Shanghai BHii Instrument Co., Ltd.
- PMG Equipments group
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.