- Mesitylene, also known as 1,3,5-trimethylbenzene, is a benzene derivative. It is colorless transparent liquid. It is insoluble in water and soluble in ethanol. It can dissolve in benzene, ether, and acetone in any proportion.
- Mesitylene is used to make plastics and dyes. It acts as a solvent, ligand in organometallic chemistry, and precursor to 2,4,6-trimethylaniline. It is also used as a developer for photo patternable silicones due to its solvent properties in the electronics industry.
- Mesitylene is used as an internal standard in nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) samples due to the presence of three equivalent protons in it. It is used in the production of trimesic acid and antioxygen, epoxy firming agent, and polyester resin stabilizers. Furthermore, it is used as an additive and component in aviation gasoline blends.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Mesitylene Market
- Mesitylene has major applications in solvents. Mesitylene is gaining momentum in the health care industry owing to its alluring properties. Mesitylene is used in many processes. Mesitylene is also used to produce metisol by oxidizing with trifluoro peracetic acid. Metisol is used to reduce mottling, fix basic dyestuff, and prevent pitch problems. Additionally, mesitylene is used in laboratories as a specialty solvent and also acts as a ligand in organometallic chemistry. Rise in usage of mesitylene in electronics and research industries is expected to drive the global mesitylene market during the forecast period.
- Rise in demand for mesitylene in the aviation industry is expected to create significant opportunities for the mesitylene market in the future. Mesitylene acts as an additive in various types of aviation gasoline blends. Demand for mesitylene market is also rising in the color & dyestuff industry, as mesitylene is used as a 2,4,6-trimethylaniline precursor, which is a precursor to colorants. Pigments and colorants are used widely in various sectors such as textiles, automotive, and food & beverages. This is anticipated to drive the mesitylene market in the near future.
Mesitylene: Grade Segment
- In terms of grade, the global mesitylene market can be divided into industrial, electronics, and others
- The industrial grade segment is projected to hold major share of the global mesitylene market during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to the usage of industrial grade mesitylene as raw material in chemical synthesis and as ultraviolet stabilizer, paint thinner, solvent, motor fuel component, and intermediate in organic chemical manufacture.
- The electronics grade segment is projected to follow the industrial grade segment during the forecast period. In the electronics industry, mesitylene is widely used as a developer for photo patternable silicones due to its solvent properties. It is also a major urban volatile organic compound, which results from combustion. High demand for electronics is driving the global mesitylene market.
Mesitylene: Application Segment
- Based on application, the global mesitylene market can be segmented into additives, solvents, intermediates, and others
- The solvents segment is projected to gain higher share of the global market during the forecast period. Mesitylene is used in laboratories as a specialty solvent. It is also used as a solvent in research and industry. Additionally, increase in usage of mesitylene in electronics applications due to its solvent properties is projected to boost the global market for mesitylene in the next few years.
- The intermediates segment is projected to hold key share of the global mesitylene market in the near future. Intermediates are used in production of dyestuffs and UV oxidation stabilizers for plastics, solvent, and paint thinners. Intermediates are used in a wide range of industrial and consumer products.
COVID-19 Impact on Mesitylene Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 214 countries and territories around the world.
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic
- Manufacture of various consumer goods and other products across the globe came to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials, shortage of labor, etc. This is expected to hamper the mesitylene market.
North America to Hold Leading Share of Mesitylene Market
- In terms of region, the mesitylene market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is expected to hold major share of the global mesitylene market, followed by Asia Pacific and Europe, during the forecast period. This can be ascribed due to high presence of chemical manufacturers in North America. Furthermore, rise in investments in the electrical & electronics industry is boosting the demand for mesitylene.
- The mesitylene market in Asia Pacific and Europe is projected to expand at a rapid pace in the near future
Key Manufacturers Operating in Mesitylene Market
The mesitylene market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the mesitylene market include:
- Mitsubishi Gas Chemical
- Refinery of Sinopec Jinling (Sinopec)
- EMD Performance Materials
- Toyo Gosei Co. Ltd.
- Jiangsu Jiuri Chemical
- Nantong Dingji Chemical Technology
- Jurong Anbei Chemical
- Jinzhou Petrochemical Co., Ltd.
- The DOW Chemical Company
Mesitylene: Research Scope
Mesitylene Market, by Grade
Mesitylene Market, by Application
Global Mesitylene Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.