MEMS Pressure Sensor Market: Introduction
- MEMS, or micro-electro-mechanical system, pressure sensor converts pressure into an electrical signal output during operation. Usually, it consists of pressure elements and a signal processing unit.
- MEMS pressure sensors possess various merits, such as low power consumption, lightweight, small volume, accurate measurement in a space-limited region, low cost, and have little influence on the objects being detected
- In addition to medical applications, MEMS pressure sensors have also been utilized in aerospace, industrial, and consumer electronics sectors
Rise in demand in controlling and monitoring systems.
- Increasing demand for MEMS pressure sensor in the automotive industry to enhance reliability, reduce cost, and improve performance is a key factor that boosts the global MEMS pressure sensor market.
- Consistent rise in digitization, automation, industrial IoT and demand for monitoring and control applications is a major factor driving the demand for MEMS pressure sensor
- Innovation in healthcare, medical devices further boost the global MEMS pressure sensor market
- Significant increase in application of consumer electronics in defense, aerospace, and transport sectors are projected to boost the MEMS pressure sensor market
- In terms of application, the prominent share of the global pressure sensor market held by the automotive segment can be attributed to an increased use of pressure sensors in oil pressure monitoring, fuel pressure monitoring, nitrous pressure monitoring, transmission pressure monitoring, and tire pressure monitoring.
North America to Hold Largest Market Share
- North America is expected to dominate the global MEMS pressure sensor market owing to rapid adoption of MEMS pressure sensors in automotive, transport and aerospace sectors in the region
- Rise in electrification and trend of autonomous and electric vehicles in order to cater to the demand and enhance fuel efficiency is estimated propel the share held by North America in the global MEMS pressure sensor market.
- Following North America, Europe is also estimated to witness a significant increase in the utilization of MEMS pressure sensors in the automotive sector in the region. The healthcare is also projected to witness a rise in the demand for MEMS pressure sensors in multiple devices, as pressure being important characteristic of medical devices.
- Asia Pacific is a notable manufacturing hub and is expanding significantly. New regulations in the automotive sector demand more safety. The consumer electronics segment is estimated to dominate the MEMS pressure sensor market in the region owing to the extensive utilization of MEMS pressure sensor in smart phones, smart devices, and household electronics.
Key Players Operating in Global MEMS Pressure Sensor Market
The key players in MEMS pressure sensors market facing tough competition, major players expanding their product range, major innovations found in automotive safety and medical devices. Pressure sensors are increasingly being used in smartphones, tablets, and wearable technology such as sports watches, smart watches, and fitness bands, enabling accurate floor detection and enhanced location-based services, allowing more accurate dead-reckoning calculations, and opening the door to new smartphone apps such as weather analyzers, health and sports monitors.
Key players include:
- Bosch Sensortec
- Murata Manufacturing
- Infineon Technologies
- Honeywell International
- TE Connectivity Ltd
- ST electronics
- NXP Semiconductors
- General Electric
Global MEMS Pressure Sensor Market Scope
Global MEMS Pressure Sensor Market, by Type
- MEMS capacitive pressure sensors
- MEMS piezoresistive strain gauge sensors
- MEMS Ceramic pressure sensors
- MEMS Diffused pressure sensors
- Optical pressure sensors
Global MEMS Pressure Sensor Market, by Application
- Consumer Electronics
Global MEMS Pressure Sensor Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.