Memory Foam Market: Overview
- Memory foam is also called viscoelastic polyurethane foam or low-resilience polyurethane foam (LRPU). Polyurethane is the primary constituent of memory foam. Additional chemicals with polyurethane are added to memory foam to enhance its viscosity and density.
- Open foam bubbles present in memory foam facilitate the property of elasticity by creating an open matrix for the air to move through the memory foam. Higher-density memory foam softens in response to body heat, molding to a warm body in a few minutes, thereby evenly distributing body weight.
- Memory foam is characterized by its ability to recover to its original shape and size after the removal of pressure. Hence, the nomenclature is derived from this property. Memory foam mattress helps people relieve pain, thus helping them to wake up in comfort.
- Based on application, the global memory foam market can be segmented into transportation, bedding, carpet cushion, furniture, medical, and others (including marine and sports).
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of Memory Foam Market report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Memory Foam Market
- Products made up of memory foam such as memory foam mattress offer a better level of comfort. For instance, memory foam mattress can mold to any shape and size. This is expected to boost the demand for memory foam during the forecast period.
- Memory foam is used in aircraft, transportation, and furniture Industries, since it facilitates the required comfort and support to seats. Thus, demand for memory foam is high in the industries mentioned above. This is anticipated to propel the demand for memory foam during the forecast period.
- Memory foam mattresses are considered luxury and lavish products that are consumed primarily by the high earning population of the society. Thus, high cost of memory foam mattress vis-à-vis spring foam mattress is estimated to restrain the global memory foam market during the forecast period.
Memory Foam Market: Type Segment
- Base on type, the global memory foam market can be segmented into traditional memory foam, air cool memory foam, and gel memory foam
- Traditional memory foam is designed in such a way that body is held gently and protectively by mattress while sleeping. Thus, it provides better blood circulation and reduces the amount of stress.
- High heat carrying capacity is one of the drawbacks of memory foam. Air cooled memory foam is designed with the technology that quickly responds to body temperature.
- Gel memory foam is equipped with a technology that helps stop motion transfer when more than one individual is sharing the bed. It is also infused with a gel that is used in sports equipment or shoe inserts in order to provide strong bonding properties.
Memory Foam Market: Application Segment
- Based on application, the global memory foam market can be segmented into transportation, bedding, carpet cushion, furniture, medical, and others (including marine and sports)
- Memory foam mattresses are comforting, relaxing, and stress relieving. Thus, demand for these mattresses is increasing in bedding, cushions, carpet, and furniture applications. These segments are projected to account for major share of the global memory foam market in the near future.
- Memory foam is also employed widely in the medical sector. Demand for smart memory foam is rising in the manufacture of foam mattresses for dental chairs. Thus, growth in usage of memory foam in the medical segment is projected to boost the memory foam market during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to be Key Region of Global Memory Foam Market
- In terms of region, the global memory foam market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific and Europe are highly active regions of the global memory foam market, owing to the rise in disposable income of consumers in emerging economies; steady technological innovation; and rapid adoption rate of memory foam due to urbanization
- The memory foam market in North America, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period, due to the increase in number of domestic players in vertical market segments
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report of Memory Foam Market
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Memory Foam Market
The global memory foam market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players have prominent presence in developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global memory foam market include:
- Foam Factory, Inc.
- Innocor, Inc.
- Dorel Industries
- Dream Smart
- Restonic Mattress
- Future Foam
- Sinomax USA Inc.
- Adetex Foam Group
- Suzhou Isante Home Co., Ltd.
- Adams Foam
- Elite Comfort Solutions
- Pittsburgh Plastics Manufacturing Inc.
- Pinnacle Products International LLC
- King Coil
- Select Comfort
Global Memory Foam Market: Research Scope
Global Memory Foam Market, by Type
- Traditional Memory Foam
- Air Cool Memory Foam
- Gel Memory Foam
Global Memory Foam Market, by Application
- Carpet Cushion
- Others (including Marine and Sports)
Global Memory Foam Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.