Melt Blown Fibers Market: Overview
- Melt-blowing is a process in which melt of a polymer is blown into super-fine fibers by hot and high-velocity air. A molten polymer is blown into ultrafine fibers and collected on a rotary drum to form a nonwoven web of fiber.
- The fabrics produced from the melt blown fibers can be used in the filtration of gaseous and liquid materials. These applications include water treatment, masks, and air conditioning filter.
Key Drivers of Global Melt Blown Fibers Market
- The global melt blown fibers market is expected to expand significantly due to an increase in the demand for medical fabrics, absorbent, and filtration products
- Melt blown fiber is utilized in diverse industries including filtration, electrical & electronics, medical, automotive, and insulation equipment. Rising demand for melt blown fabric in medical devices, hygiene products, household appliances, textile goods, and insulating products is expected drive the market for melt blown fiber during the forecast period
- Fine fibers melt blown fabric have properties such as fine mesh, high absorbent capacity, no chemical binders, and high surface area
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Polypropylene Material Segment to Dominate Global Melt Blown Fibers Market
- In terms of material, the polypropylene segment accounted for a major share of the market in 2019. This is due to low melt viscosity and high processability of polypropylene.
- Polypropylene makes good webs of fibers with high processability. Furthermore, melt blown fiber from polybutylene terephthalate and polycarbonate produce soft-fine fibred webs.
- Processing for polyethylene is difficult; however, it is majorly used in various end-user industries such as automotive and electrical and electronics
Health Care End-use Industry Segment to Expand at Significant Pace
- Based on end-use industry, the health care segment is projected to expand at a rapid pace owing to the high demand for melt blown fibers to produce medical fabrics. Manufacture of melt blown fibers primarily depend on end-user requirements for insulation and absorption or filtration. Increase in demand for hygiene products in developing nations is anticipated to further propel the melt blown fibers market.
Asia Pacific to Hold Significant Share of Global Melt Blown Fibers Market
- In terms of region, the global melt blown fibers market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is a major consumer of melt blown fibers across the globe. The region is likely to witness significant rise in demand in industries such as personal care, medical & hygiene, and electrical & electronics.
- North America and Europe followed Asia Pacific in terms of demand for melt blown fibers. Governments across Europe and North America offer various incentives for environmental and health compliant production, which fuels the use of various hygienic products. Rise in use of melt blown fibers in medical and hygienic products, such as masks and filtration products, is expected to boost the melt blown fibers market.
- Demand for melt blown fibers is likely to increase in Latin America in the near future, owing to significant expansion of the healthcare industry in the region
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in the Melt Blown Fibers Market
High initial capital investments are estimated to hamper the entry of new players in the market. The melt blown fibers market is driven by mergers and acquisitions.
Key players operating in the global melt blown fibers market include:
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Irema Ireland
- Don & Low
- Jinan Xinghua Nonwoven Fabric
Global Melt Blown Fibers Market: Research Scope
Global Melt Blown Fibers Market, by Material
- Polybutylene Terephthalate
Global Melt Blown Fibers Market, by End-use Industry
- Water Treatment
- Electrical & Electronics
Global Melt Blown Fibers Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.