Market Outlook: Melon Seeds
The increasing obesity level and rising concern for health have occupied the minds of consumers. People have become conscious about their eating habits fueling the demand for healthy foods. Majority of the population across the globe opts for food products with fewer calories but rich in essential nutrients and vitamins. One such product is fruit and vegetable seeds which have procured the acceptance among the consumers due to their dense nutrient content. The evolution in the market has shepherded the development of different types of seeds such as: apple seeds, cucumber seeds, melon seeds, pumpkin seeds, almond seeds among others. Among these melon seeds lay a pivot role due to the multi-benefit profile and easy availability contributing to the growth of global melon seeds market to an impressive extent. Currently, the demand for melon seeds have high demand in bakery, desserts, and others as it contains unsaturated fats and higher fiber content.
Reasons for Covering Melon seeds as a Title
Melon seeds have high demand in food processing especially for making traditional desserts. These seeds have numerous health benefits such as: boosting the immunity, normalizing blood-fat levels, weight loss and contribute to the wound healing process. The omega-3 fatty acids and rich protein content play a vital role in the treatment of cardiovascular diseases. Apart from the health benefits, melon seeds are highly recommended in the cosmetic products due to the ability to stimulate cell growth and maintaining suppleness of skin. The phytochemical and anti-microbial activity of the melon seeds makes them a nexus ingredient for the elimination of bacterial infection. Over the past few years, the demand for melon seeds has increased widely in the APAC mainly in: India, Japan, China, Thailand, South Korea and Malaysia. The growing consumer awareness regarding the benefits from melon seeds has augmented its market value at a global level.
Global Melon seeds Market: Segmentation:
On the basis of nature, the global melon seed market has been segmented as-
On the basis of source, the global melon seed market has been segmented as-
- Honey Dew Melon
On the basis of form, the global melon seed market has been segmented as-
On the basis of the distribution channel, the global melon seed market has been segmented as-
- Convenience stores
- Specialty stores
- Online retail
On the basis of End-use, the global melon seed market has been segmented as-
- Food processing
- Cosmetics and Personal care
On the basis of region, the global melon seed market has been segmented as-
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- The Middle East and Africa
Global Melon seed Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global melon seed market are: Cronus Seeds, Yuksel Tohum A.S., Sakata Seed Corporation, Ahern Seeds, Limagrain, East-West Seed, Nunhems, HaZera seeds, United Genetics, Semilas Fito, Syngenta, Origene Seeds, among others.
Market Player Activities
- Go Raw, a California based company has developed a range of protein bars from watermelon seeds. The company claims it to contain 12g protein with calories below 250 and in different flavors sweetened with a mix of organic dates.
- East-West Seed, a Thailand based company discovered a new variety of melon seeds called ‘Royal Alexia series’. The company launched this special seed specifically for exciting its customers as the melon has a faster maturity period than other melons thus, attracting the customers.
Opportunities for Market Participants
Melon seeds offer profuse benefits be it in the healthcare, food or cosmetic sector. In the underway era of a healthy lifestyle, melon seeds have swept its way into the market. Therefore, the participants need to forge their way especially into North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific countries as it has wide applications in food, cosmetics and personal care industry.
Brief Approach to Research
Our analysis will follow a modeling-based approach and triangulation methodology to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the applications, types, forms, and end uses of the product segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data are collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in our report include:
- An overview of the melon seeds market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the melon seeds market and its potential
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges, and trends in melon seeds market
- Detailed value chain analysis of the melon seeds market
- The cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study of melon seeds market
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major market participants in melon seeds market
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports, and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants in melon seeds market
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players in melon seeds market
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.