Fiberboard is an engineered wood material made by breaking down the hardwood or by soft wood fibers combined by wax and resin binder and formed into panels by applying high pressure and temperature. MDF is a fiber board with density ranging from 600 kg/m³ to 800 kg/m³. MDF is denser than plywood. It is made up of separated fibers; however, it can be used for applications similar to plywood. MDF is light weight and offers an excellent strength-to-weight ratio. Thus, it is a preferred choice of material for applications such as furniture, building materials, and interior decoration. MDF can also provide properties such as high temperature resistance, fire resistance, and moisture resistance.
Increase in demand for MDF in furniture and extensive use of these boards in building materials are factors driving the MDF market. This is prompting companies to increase production of these boards. Additionally, easy availability of raw materials is anticipated to boost the demand for MDF in the near future.
The global MDF market is witnessing technological advancements. Companies are constantly striving to develop new and better ways to manufacture these fiberboards. Development of new manufacturing processes of MDF and applications is estimated to propel the market. However, the threat of substitution from high density fiberboards is projected to hamper the market.
Based on type, the MDF market can be divided into standard, fire resistant, and moisture resistant. The standard segment is anticipated to expand at a significant pace owing to the increase in demand in emerging economies such as India and China.
In terms of application, the MDF market can be divided into furniture, building materials, interior decoration, and others. The furniture segment is estimated to expand at a considerable pace due to the rise in demand for these fiberboards in furniture applications across the globe.
Based on geography, the MDF market can be segregated into North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Middle East & Africa. Asia Pacific is projected to constitute key share of the market during the forecast period. The MDF market in Asia Pacific is also likely to expand a considerable pace owing to the increase in demand for these fiberboards in furniture & building materials applications in the region. Middle East & Africa is likely to be an attractive region of the MDF market during the forecast period due to the rise in demand for these in the interior decoration application in the region.
Prominent players operating in the global MDF market include FRITZ EGGER GmbH & Co. OG, Kronospan Limited, and YongLin Group Joint Stock Co.,Ltd.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.