Medicinal mushrooms such as shiitake, reishi, cordyceps, chaga, and others have long been used in Eastern medicine or traditional medicine for their health-promoting properties. These mushrooms are cultivated for their high nutrient profile of protein, vitamins, and other essential nutrients which help regulate immune system, control cholesterol level, improve various body functions, and fight cardiovascular diseases, cancer, and other diseases. With growing demand for functional foods and ready-to-consume food supplements, medicinal mushroom powder has been gaining increasing adoption in the recent times. Further, these mushrooms find rising applications in food and pharmaceutical industries for their antioxidant, anticancer, hepatic-protective, and immune-regulating properties which are expected to impact the development of medicinal mushroom powder market.
Medicinal Mushroom Powder Market – Notable Developments
New Roots Herbal Inc., Nutra Green Biotechnology Co., Nyishar, Oriveda BV, Amax NutraSource, Inc., Real Mushrooms, Banken Champignons B.V., Hokkaido Reishi Co., Ltd, Mushroom Table, Nikkei Marketing Limited, Chaga Mountain, Inc., Concord Farms, Far West Fungi, Swadeshi Mushroom Spawn, DXN, M/S.MAHAGRO INDIA, Asia Pacific Farm Enterprises, SSD Mushrooms, Om, Organic Mushroom Nutrition, Bonduelle Fresh, Costa Pty Ltd, Lutece Holdings B.V., Okechamp S.A., Shanghai Finc Bio-Tech Inc, and The Mushroom Company are among the key players in the medicinal mushroom powder market.
- In March 2019, Om, Organic Mushroom Nutrition, a leading producer of whole food functional mushroom powders, announced to launch an innovative new line of Mushroom Superfood Daily Boost Capsules and Mushroom Superfood Functional Drinks Sticks at 2019 Expo West in California.
- In February 2019, one of the largest mushroom growers in the United States, South Mill Champs launched a new snack food venture called ‘Shrooms Snacks’. According to the company, the launch comes as plant-based snacking continue to penetrate the food industry which shows large-scale growth opportunities.
- In August 2018, HANAH, an ayurvedic superfood creator, launched ‘Cordyceps+’ which is a powerful combination of the rare Himalayan medicinal mushrooms Cordyceps sinensis and eight other herbs and medicinal mushroom powder. According to the company, it is the first product of its kind to use naturally-grown Cordyceps sinensis which boosts both purity and potentcy.
Medicinal Mushroom Powder Market Dynamics
Increasing consumer interest in healthy food products is expected to directly influence the growth of medicinal mushroom powder market. Growing health awareness along with consumer inclination toward vegan diet has largely contributed to the demand for medicinal mushrooms in the recent years. In addition, emerging functional food trend lined with adoption of ancient eating habits and eastern herbal medicine across the globe is projected to be highly impactful on the global expansion of medicinal mushroom powder market.
Medicinal Mushroom Powder Market Gains Underpinned by Continuous R&D Efforts and Product Promotion
As medicinal mushrooms have gained high popularity among a wide range of global population, various industries are continuously focusing on R&D of the fungi. Further, several government organizations and international agencies are encouraging mushroom grower to adopt innovative farming technologies and effectively utilize small areas of cultivable land to enhance mushroom quality. This in turn is likely to contribute to the revenue maximization of medicinal mushroom powder market.
A focus on promotion and effective marketing of medicinal mushroom powder products through newer distribution channels such as e-commerce or online stores remain one of the important growth strategies for key players in the medicinal mushroom powder market. With rising number of health conscious population, social media influencers, and celebrities adopting and promoting wellness trends including gut-healthy products, functional foods, and anti-stress adaptogen, the market of medicinal mushroom powder is foreseen to earn significant traction in the years to come.
Medicinal Mushroom Powder Market Segmentation
By type, medicinal mushroom powder market can be segmented into:
- Turkey tail
- Lion’s mane
By function, the medicinal mushroom powder market can be segmented into:
- Immune enhancer
- Skin care
By end-use, the medicinal mushroom powder market can be segmented into:
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the medicinal mushroom powder market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about medicinal mushroom powder market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the medicinal mushroom powder market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Medicinal mushroom powder market segments and sub-segments
- medicinal mushroom powder market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand chain of the medicinal mushroom powder market
- medicinal mushroom powder market valuation (revenue and/or volume)
- Key trends/opportunities/challenges in medicinal mushroom powder market
- Forces defining present and estimated future state of the competitive landscape
- Technological developments in medicinal mushroom powder market
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in medicinal mushroom powder market dynamics
- Medicinal mushroom market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the medicinal mushroom powder market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional medicinal mushroom powder markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the medicinal mushroom powder market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the medicinal mushroom powder market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
Medicinal Mushroom Cultivation
Bulk Medicinal Mushroom Powders
Mushroom Extract Supplements