Medical Waste Management Equipment Market: Introduction
- Activities associated with disposing waste products from hospitals and the process to make the waste non-toxic is termed as medical waste management. Various equipment known as medical waste management equipment are used to complete the process.
Key Drivers of the Global Medical Waste Management Equipment Market
- Globally, factors driving the growth of the medical waste management equipment market include rising number of hospital facilities. In addition, research in the areas of life sciences, pharmaceuticals, and chemicals is also generating demand for medical waste management equipment.
- Wastes that trigger mercury pollution and dioxin pollution are harmful to the environment, and their disposal is among the main concerns for decreasing pollution; thus, the need for medical waste management equipment is growing.
Opportunities in the Global Medical Waste Management Equipment Market
- The coronavirus pandemic is creating more demand for medical waste management equipment globally. These equipment ensure that all waste related to coronavirus is treated in the most appropriate manner at various treatment plants. Furthermore, governments are taking initiatives and formulating treatments and appropriate methods of disposal of medical waste, which is mandatory for environmental safety. Medical waste management is also essential to keep the hospital premises clean, considering that dirty surroundings can affect the medical staff as well as patients, making them susceptible to new diseases.
Market in Asia Pacific to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of geography, the global medical waste management equipment market can be divided into five regions North America (NA), Europe (EU), Asia Pacific (APAC), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and South America (SA)
- North America country-level analysis features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the medical waste management equipment market in Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, Asia Pacific includes India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes the medical waste management equipment market analysis and forecast of GCC countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The South America medical waste management equipment market is segmented into Brazil, and Rest of South America.
- Globally, North America held the dominant share in the medical waste management equipment market followed by Europe in year 2019. The stringent regulations and aging population in this region are the prime factors boosting the growth of the medical waste management equipment market in North America. However, the market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a faster rate in the global market in the coming years owing to the rapid growth of the healthcare sector in emerging countries such as China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, the Philippines, and Taiwan. The rising number of hospitals in these countries is a major driver for the expansion of the medical waste management equipment market.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
Well-established key players hold a robust position in the global medical waste management equipment market mostly due to their commercial viability and strong brand identity across the globe. Additionally, these players are implementing several strategies to remain competent in the market such as focusing on expanding their portfolio of products and services in the waste management market and also through partnerships, mergers and acquisitions, and agreements.
For instance, in May 2020, Abu Dhabi Waste Management Center, Tadweer launched mobile medical waste incinerators with capacity ranging from 150 kg to 300 kg per hour. The new facilities can treat medical waste at temperatures of up to 1200 degrees and are equipped with advanced purification systems to keep the environment clean and safe. The process ensures that all waste related to coronavirus is treated properly at various treatment locations.
A few of the key players operating in the global medical waste management equipment market are:
- AMB Ecosteryl
- ARVS Equipments Private Limited
- Bertin Medical Waste
- Bondtech Corporation
- Chongqing Gient Heating Industry Co., Ltd.
- Clean Harbors, Inc.
- JK Medical Waste Management System
- Steelco S.p.A.
Global Medical Waste Management Equipment Market: Research Scope
Global Medical Waste Management Equipment Market, by Type
- Collection, Transportation, & Storage Equipment
- Disposal & Processing Equipment
- Treatment Equipment
- Recycling Equipment
Global Medical Waste Management Equipment Market, by Waste Type
- Non-hazardous Waste
- Hazardous Waste
- Infectious & Pathological Waste
- Pharmaceutical Waste
- Sharp Waste
- Other Medical Waste
Global Medical Waste Management Equipment Market, by Treatment Site
Global Medical Waste Management Equipment Market, by Treatment Type
- Chemical Treatment
- Other Treatments
Global Medical Waste Management Equipment Market, by Operating Type
- Fully Automatic
Global Medical Waste Management Equipment Market, by Price
Global Medical Waste Management Equipment Market, by End-user
- Research Centers
- Others (Blood Banks, etc.)
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!