Medical Suction Catheters Market: Introduction
- A suction catheter is a medical device used to extract bodily secretions, such as mucus or saliva from the upper airway. A suction catheter connects to a suction machine or collection canister.
- An ideal catheter is one that optimizes secretion removal and minimizes tissue trauma. Specific features of the catheters include the material of construction, frictional resistance, size (length and diameter), shape, and position of the aspirating holes.
- An opening at the proximal end of the catheter to allow the entrance of room air, neutralizing the vacuum without disconnecting the vacuum apparatus, is ideal. The proximal hole should be larger than the catheter lumen. Tracheal suctioning can occur only with occlusion of this proximal opening.
Key Drivers, Restrains, and Opportunities of Global Medical Suction Catheters Market
- Increase in cases of chronic respiratory diseases such as asthma, acute lower respiratory tract infections, lung cancer, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is a major factor boosting the growth of the global market. According to a report by World Health Organization (WHO), around 262 million people across the world were affected by asthma, causing nearly 461,000 fatalities in 2019.
- Medical suction devices play a crucial role in several medical procedures such as removing saliva, mucus, and other fluids from the respiratory track with the help of a vacuum. Hence, rise in prevalence of respiratory illnesses is likely to spur demand for these devices in the next few years.
Global Medical Suction Catheters Market Segmentation
- The global medical suction catheters market can be segmented based on product, application, portability, and end-user
- In terms of product, the global medical suction catheters market can be classified into AC-powered, battery-powered, dual-powered, and manually operated
- Based on application, the global medical suction catheters market can be categorized into surgical, airway clearing, and research & diagnostic. The surgical segment accounted for major share of the global market in 2020. Medical suction catheters are mostly used in trauma, respiratory emergencies, and other surgeries.
- In terms of portability, the global medical suction catheters market can be bifurcated into wall-mounted and hand held. Wall-mounted suction devices are generally used in hospital settings, dental offices, and other places where patients are unlikely to need transport. Many hospitals position a wall-mounted suction unit in every patient room.
- Based on end-user, the global medical suction catheters market can be divided into hospitals, clinics, and others. The hospitals segment accounted for major share of the global market in 2020 because suction catheters are commonly used in hospital operation theaters.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Medical Suction Catheters Market
- North America is expected to account for major share of the global medical suction catheters market owing to high prevalence of chronic respiratory ailments.
- The medical suction catheters market in Asia Pacific is likely to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to increase in number of surgical procedures due to rising medical tourism.
Key Players Operating in Global Medical Suction Catheters Market
Major players operating in the global medical suction catheters market are:
- Medline Industries
- Pennine Healthcare
- Smiths Medical
- B. Braun
- Merit Medical Systems
- QualiMed Innovative Medizinprodukte GmbH
- PFM Medical
- Lepu Medical
- Halyard Health
- Dynarex Corporation
- Amsino International
- Other prominent players
Global Medical Suction Catheters Market: Research Scope
Global Medical Suction Catheters Market, by Product
Global Medical Suction Catheters Market, by Application
- Airway Clearing
- Research & Diagnostics
Global Medical Suction Catheters Market, by Portability
Global Medical Suction Catheters Market, by End-user
Global Medical Suction Catheters Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.