Medical Grade Silicone Rubber Market: Introduction
- Medical grade silicone rubber contains polymers of different chain lengths. It always comprises a principal silicon oxygen chain and an organic moiety bound to the silicon. Properties of medical grade silicone rubber vary greatly, depending on the organic groups and chemical structure.
- The main ingredients of medical grade silicone rubbers are unique raw silicone rubber gum and high-purity silica. Medical grade silicone rubber is utilized in instruments with critical functions, such as defibrillators, heart pumps, and surgical reconstructive components, which employ the biocompatible and hydrophobic properties of silicone.
- In terms of product, the global medical grade silicone rubber market can be segmented into liquid silicone rubber and high consistency rubber. The liquid silicone rubber segment is expected to expand at a significant pace during forecast period owing to its various beneficial properties, such as high bacterial and chemical resistance, excellent transparency, superior dielectric strength, and ability to function in extreme temperatures.
Key Drivers of Medical Grade Silicone Rubber Market
- Rise in demand for medical grade silicone rubber from various medical applications such as disposables, catheters, surgical instruments, prosthetics and implants, and drug delivery systems is expected to augment the market. Medical grade silicone rubbers possess fine hydrophobic and electrical properties, good chemical stability and flame retardancy, and superior resistance to heat and cold. These properties make them ideal for medical applications such as disposables, catheters, surgical instruments, prosthetics and implants, and drug delivery systems.
- Increase in global healthcare expenditure is projected to boost the consumption of medical grade silicone rubber during the forecast period. Healthcare spending is rising across the globe due to an increase in awareness about healthcare and a rise in the demand for advanced healthcare services. Additionally, consistent rise in patient population due to an increase in the number of road accidents and chronic diseases is expected to fuel the need for surgeries, which in turn is boosting the demand for medical grade silicone rubber in surgical instrument applications.
Restraints of Medical Grade Silicone Rubber Market
- Volatility in prices of raw materials is projected to hamper the global medical grade silicone rubber market. Raw materials such as silicone rubbers, silicone rubber gum, and high-purity silica are used in the preparation of clear encapsulation materials. Prices of these raw materials are fluctuating, as the supply chain has been disrupted due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Demand for these raw materials is witnessing volatility, which in turn significantly affects their prices.
- Dearth of universal directives pertaining to applications of medical grade silicone rubber is also likely to hamper the market in the near future. Every country has different directives and legislations pertaining to the use of medical grade silicone rubber. Companies find it difficult to comply with these country-wise directives and legislations. This can discourage investment in the medical grade silicone rubber market and subsequently, restrain the market.
COVID-19 Impact on Medical Grade Silicone Rubber Market
- Market players operating in the medical grade silicone rubber market are primarily tier I and tier II manufacturers and suppliers. Manufacture and supply chain facilities of these manufacturers have spread across various countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Several players have halted their production output for the last few months due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The pandemic has negatively impacted the demand and supply chain of these materials. Thus, demand for medical grade silicone rubber is expected to decline in 2020.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Medical Grade Silicone Rubber Market
- In terms of region, the global medical grade silicone rubber market can be split into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America
- Asia Pacific is expected to hold a significant share of the global market during the forecast period owing to a rise in the demand for advanced healthcare services. Increase in spending on healthcare infrastructure and reimbursement coverage is projected to boost the medical devices sector in the region, which in turn is projected to drive the demand for medical grade silicone rubber in Asia Pacific.
- Rise in disposable income, increase in per capita healthcare spending in China, India, Japan and other countries in Southeast Asia are major factors augmenting the market for medical grade silicone rubber in these countries
- The market in North America is also expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period owing to the presence of well-developed healthcare infrastructure in the region
Prominent Players Operating in Medical Grade Silicone Rubber Market
Major players operating in the global medical grade silicone rubber market are adopting various organic and inorganic growth strategies such as joint ventures, mergers & acquisitions, expansion, collaborations, new product launches, strategic alliances, and research and development to increase their regional presence and business operations. Key players operating in the market include;
- Dow Corning
- Wacker Chemie AG
- Momentive Performance Materials Inc.
- KCC Corporation
- Elkem Silicones
- Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd.
- NuSil Technology LLC
- Wynca Group
- Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics
Research Scope; Medical Grade Silicone Rubber Market
Medical Grade Silicone Rubber Market, by Product
- Liquid Silicone Rubber
- High Consistency Rubber
Medical Grade Silicone Rubber Market, by Application
- Prosthetics & Implants
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.