Medical Grade PVC: Introduction
- Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) offers a wide range of properties. As a result, it is extensively used in the medical industry. It is a highly flexible material. Thus, it is used in the formulation of products such as blood bags or intravenous (IV) tubing. Its strength and durability under varying temperature conditions make it an ideal material to be used in the medical industry. These properties of medical grade PVC help provide better convenience and performance. Furthermore, it offers high durability and long-lasting performance.
- Low cost of medical grade PVC and low manufacturing and maintenance costs make it an excellent option in the medical industry. The usage of substitutes of medical grade PVC such as thermoplastic elastomers ad silicones results in higher cost of manufacturing medical devices.
- Another characteristic of medical grade PVC is its excellent compatibility with all the other medical grade polymers. This helps in the formulation of a wide range of products in the medical industry.
Attributes of Medical Grade PVC to Drive Market
- Medical grade PVC is primarily used in the formulation of intravenous (IV) tubing and blood bags. Medical grade PVC offers a broad range of properties for various applications in the medical industry. It complies with a substantial range of performance and processing characteristics such as transparency, chemical resistance, scuff resistance, and flexibility. Additionally, medical grade PVC offers excellent bonding ability, sterilizability by steam, ETO, or high energy irradiation and low cost. Medical grade PVC is one of the highly employed polymers in medical devices.
Impact of COVID-19 on Global Medical Grade PVC Market
- The global medical grade PVC market has not been significantly affected during the course of the COVID-19 pandemic. With the increase of spread of pandemic, more and more people are being admitted to hospitals. This is expected to boost the demand for products such as intravenous infusion sets & connectors, blood bags, catheters & connectors, masks, and surgical gloves. In turn, this is anticipated to propel the consumption of medical grade PVC. However, the spread of the pandemic has disrupted the supply chain and led to closure of sites. This is likely to adversely affect the production of medical grade PVC. Hence, demand for medical grade PVC is anticipated to increase, but supply may remain tight during the pandemic.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Medical Grade PVC to Drive Market
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Medical Grade PVC Market
- In terms of region, the global medical grade PVC market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Key factors driving the medical grade PVC market in Asia Pacific are growth in the medical devices market, government initiatives, and low labor costs. The usage of disposable medical products has increased significantly over the last few years. China dominates the medical grade PVC market in Asia Pacific. Manufacturers of medical grade PVC in Asia Pacific are highly focusing on China, Japan, and India. The medical device industry in Japan is highly attractive. Recent developments in the medical sector along with advancements in material science & technology are likely to boost the demand for medical grade PVC in Asia Pacific. Properties of medical grade PVC such as abrasion resistance, light weight, and excellent mechanical strength are expected to drive its demand across the region in the near future.
- Advancements in medical science and technology in the U.S. and presence of medical device manufacturers in North America are propelling the demand for medical grade PVC in the region
- Germany is a key country for the medical grade PVC industry in Europe. The country is a prominent business location for medical technology in the world. Manufacturers in Germany extensively invest in R&D and product innovation. This is likely to create new opportunities for the medical grade PVC market.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Key Players Operating in Market
Global medical grade PVC market is highly fragmented, with the presence of global players. Key players operating in the medical grade PVC market include:
- Manner Polymers
- Formosa Plastics Group
- Westlake Chemical Corporation
- Occidental Petroleum Corporation
- Kem One
- Vinnolit GmbH & Co. KG
- Xinjiang Zhongtai Chemical Co. Ltd
Global Medical Grade PVC Market: Research Scope
Global Medical Grade PVC Market, by Processing Technology
- Injection Molding
- Blow Molding
Global Medical Grade PVC Market, by Application
- Intravenous Infusion Sets & Connectors
- Blood Bags
- Catheters & Connectors
- Surgical Gloves
- Others (Blister Packaging, Medical Manikins, Heparin Tubes, etc.)
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.