Mass Timber: Introduction
- Mass timber is also known as cross-laminated timber (CLT) or massive timber. It is a prefabricated engineered wood panel made of three to four layers of solid-sawn lumber or composite lumber.
Key Drivers of Global Mass Timber Market
- Mass timber offers various advantages over conventional construction materials such as concrete and steel. It is considered a highly advanced building material due to its superior properties. It is safe, acoustically sound, fire proof, seismically resilient, light in weight, and easy to transport and fabricate. Furthermore, it can be prefabricated. This reduces construction time significantly. It is an eco-friendly and sustainable material. It is being increasingly used in the construction industry, primarily in residential construction. Rise in usage of mass timber in construction is anticipated to drive the market during the forecast period.
- Mechanically fastened mass timber helps lower the cost of manufacture of mass timber. Mechanically fastened mass timber systems can be produced economically. They can be used to attain structurally sound construction. This is projected to create opportunities for small-sized mass timber production facilities in the near future.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Brake Override System Market, Request for a Sample
Residential Buildings Application Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- In terms of application, the residential buildings segment accounted for major share of the market in 2019. Mass timber is used in walls, roofs, and ceilings in residential buildings. Mass timber is less commonly employed in the construction of industrial and commercial spaces. It requires strict building codes of strength to be followed. However, some U.S.-based companies produce mass timer panels for temporary roads and working platforms for usage in the oil & gas and heavy construction industries.
Less Awareness among Consumers to Hamper Market
- Construction by using mass timber is a relatively new concept. The construction sector is largely dominated by the use of conventional materials such as concrete and steel. Construction using mass timber is currently more expensive as compared to that using concrete and steel. This is likely to restrain the market. Furthermore, awareness about mass timber and its properties is low across the world. Mass timber can be used in the construction of tall buildings, but its use is limited to low- and mid-rise buildings currently, as there are no codes and regulations available for the use of mass timber in construction.
Europe to Hold Major Share of Global Mass Timber Market
- In terms of geography, the global mass timber market can be classified into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America. Europe is a leading producer as well as consumer of mass timber across the world. The region held major share of the global market in 2019. It is expected to continue its dominance during the forecast period. Key drivers of the mass timber market in Europe include the green development movement and changes in building codes. Building codes in Europe focus on the use of wood in construction to promote sustainability.
- Asia Pacific is another significant region of the global mass timber market. Demand for mass timber in the region primarily comes from countries such as Japan, New Zealand, and Australia. Demand for mass timber in these countries is estimated to be high during the forecast period.
- Latin America and Middle East & Africa constituted lower share of the global mass timber market than other regions in 2019. However, consumption of mass timber in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to rise significantly during the forecast period.
Key Players in Global Market
High degree of competition exists among players operating in the global mass timber market. The market is dominated by large players and is moderately consolidated. Key players operating in the global market include:
- Stora Enso
- Mayr-Melnhof Holz Holding AG
- Binderholz Bausysteme GmbH
- KLH Massivholz GmbH
- HASSLACHER Holding GmbH
- Structurlam Mass Timber Corporation
- Nordic Structures
- Sterling Lumber Company
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Mass Timber Market: Research Scope
Global Mass Timber Market, by Type
- Adhesive Bonded
- Mechanically Fastened
Global Mass Timber Market, by Application
- Residential buildings
- Educational Institutes
- Government/Public Buildings
- Industrial & Commercial Spaces
Global Mass Timber Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.