Marine Wind Turbine Market- Overview
Rapid depletion of non-renewable energy sources is leading to the increased demand for utilization of renewable energy obtained through wind, tidal waves, sun, and others. Wind energy is one of the cleanest and widely distributed renewable energy sources. Wind farms constructed on offshore locations provide optimum power generation due to the availability of higher wind speed as compared to onshore sites. Marine wind turbines prove to be a suitable alternative for non-renewable energy sources such as fossil fuels as it aids in reducing air pollution and emission of greenhouse gas significantly.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
Marine Wind Turbine Market- Notable Developments
Some of the notable developments in the global marine wind turbine market are given below:
- Recently, Suzlon, one of the leading companies in the global wind turbine market, announced that the company has commissioned a second 8.4 MW wind power project in Bagalkot district of Karnataka state in India.
- In October 2019, Siemens Wind Power Inc., announced that the company is planning to expand its production capacities. The company is planning to open three new power plants.
Marine Wind Turbine Market- Drivers and Restraints
There are multiple factors that are aiding the growth of the global marine wind turbine market. Some of the major driving factors for propelling the market growth are paradigm shift towards utilizing renewable energy sources and rise in government investments on new projects for generation of energy through renewable sources. Increased energy consumption and introduction of technologically advanced turbines are also fuelling the expansion of the global marine wind turbine market.
Although marine wind turbines contribute to be the important source of renewable energy, the environmental impacts caused on the ecosystem by marine wind turbine operations are restraining the growth of the global marine wind turbine market. Another factor that is negatively impacting the demand for marine wind turbine is its restricted geographical reach. However, significant increase in research and development funding by the manufacturers is leading to the development of highly efficient, floating and silent wind turbines for offering optimized safety with reduced noise.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Marine Wind Turbine market, ask for a customized report
Marine Wind Turbine Market- Geographical Outlook
In terms of geography, there are five major regions that divide the global marine wind turbine market. These regions are North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa, Europe and Asia Pacific. Of these, the global marine wind turbines market is currently dominated by Europe. The regional market is anticipated to continue its dominance over the given forecast period owing to the high focus on offshore wind generation through wind turbines as a result of stringent government policies for environment protection. Currently, the U.K. holds the leading installed offshore wind capacity in the Europe.
Significant opportunities are expected to be created in the U.S. due to the presence of limited number of offshore wind farms in this area. In the Asia Pacific region, the countries like China, South Korea, Japan, Taiwan and India are adopting renewable energy generation operations and have approved multiple projects that are currently in developing stage. This is estimated to produce significant growth opportunities in this region. Rapid depletion of non-renewable energy sources and the harmful effects caused on environment due to fossil fuel emission are leading to the rise demand for alternative renewable energy options, which in turn is estimated to propel the growth of the marine wind turbine market in the Latin America and Middle East and Africa regions.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.