Marine Vessel Maintenance Services: Introduction
- Marine vessel maintenance is the process adopted by almost all shipping companies to ensure that the ship’s machinery maintains a particular standard of operation and safety. Maintenance plan is an imperative element of a vessel’s routine operations. It also forms an integral component of a vessel’s maintenance mechanism.
- The primary objective of a marine vessel maintenance plan is to ensure that the work is carried out efficiently at an optimum minimum cost
- Maintenance interval forms the most important aspect of the marine vessel maintenance plan and is based on a number of factors such as practical experience of engineers in operation, predictive maintenance determination techniques, and maintenance of ship and its machinery. This also includes the type of the ship, its condition, and age.
- Maintenance of a marine vessel helps keep machinery up to date and in smooth running condition. The maximum number of machines are located in a vessel’s engine room. Engineers and their crew carry out maintenance operations for safe and efficient operation of these machines. Thus, maintenance operations are carried out at regular intervals of time.
Key Drivers of Global Marine Vessel Maintenance Services Market
- Developing countries across the world are investing significantly in the manufacturing sector. This has led to a steady growth in seaborne trade. Stable conditions of most of the economies are likely to boost the marine vessel maintenance services market.
- Increase in demand for new vessels for various applications in the oil & gas sector and shipping business, dearth of supply chains in ship repair and maintenance services, and rise in production of vessels are projected to augment the demand for marine vessel maintenance services in the near future.
- Ambitious national targets, rapid technological advancements, and international agreements have prompted companies across the world to upgrade their shipping vessels. This, in turn, is expected to augment the global marine vessel maintenance services market between 2020 and 2030.
Restraints of Global Marine Vessel Maintenance Services Market
- Maintenance of a vessel requires manpower and time. These may not be available all the time, due to the insufficient number of crew members or lack of enough machinery. These are some of the major restraints of the market.
- In December 2019, Hyundai Mipo Dockyard (HMD) announced that it had bagged a US$ 90 Mn new building order for four units of 1,800 TEU container carriers from Taiwanese shipping line EVERGREEN MARINE CORPORATION. The vessels are 172 meters in length, 27.4 meters in width, and 14.3 meters in height. The order is expected to be completed by 2021. The company also announced that these vessels would be built in HMD’s yard based in Ulsan, South Korea.
- In June 2018, Foss Maritime Company, LLC announced that it had started a company-wide project to centralize fleet management and operations with Helm CONNECT, a leading marine software platform. The announcement comes as Foss Maritime moves forward on an initiative to better organize and streamline operations across core business units and wholly-owned subsidiaries along the U.S. West Coast, and in Hawaii and Alaska.
Europe to Hold Major Share of Global Marine Vessel Maintenance Services Market
- Based on region, the global marine vessel maintenance services market can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe is expected to be a key region of the global marine vessel maintenance services market from 2020 to 2030. High investments in shipping infrastructure and government subsidies are likely to drive the market in the region between 2020 and 2030
- The marine vessel maintenance services market in Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, owing to extensive oil and gas export and presence of large numbers of vessel companies in the region
- Growth in cruise tourism and export business in North America, especially the U.S., is likely to boost the demand for vessel maintenance services for passenger ships and ferries in the region. This is estimated to drive the marine vessel maintenance services market in North America.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Major players operating in the global marine vessel maintenance services market are:
- Foss Maritime Company, LLC
- HYUNDAI MIPO DOCKYARD CO., LTD.
- China Shipbuilding Industry Corporation (CSIC)
- Damen Shipyards Group, Cochin Shipyard Limited
- Swissco Holdings Limited
- United Shipbuilding Corporation.
- Egyptian Ship Repair & Building Company
- Desan Shipyard
- Sembcorp Marine Ltd.
Global Marine Vessel Maintenance Services Market, by Type
- Preventive or Scheduled Maintenance
- Corrective or Breakdown Maintenance
- Condition Maintenance
Global Marine Vessel Maintenance Services Market, by Vessel Type
- Cargo Vessels
- Service Vessels
- Fishing Vessels
- Off-shore Vessels
- Passenger Ships & Ferries
Global Marine Vessel Maintenance Services Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.