Marine Variable Frequency Drives Market: Lack of Energy Efficiency Major Concern in Marine Industry
- Energy efficiency design index has been introduced and made mandatory for new ships & vessels in order to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and make marine sector more environment friendly
- Several steps have been taken in terms of introduction of new technologies and efficient & effective design features such as implementation of renewable energy sources or installation of variable frequency drives in marine for better power control options
- Variable frequency drive is an electronic device or a type of motor controller that drives an electric motor by regulating the frequency and voltage supplied to the motor
- Marine variable frequency drive helps in regulating speed and torque of the motors so that they are able to run accurately as per demand. It enables ships and vessels to utilize fuel more efficiently along with reducing maintenance needs.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Marine Variable Frequency Drives Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Marine Variable Frequency Drives Market
- Decline in maintenance requirement is a key driver of the market. The usage of marine variable frequency drive reduces mechanical stress on machines and extends their lifespan, thereby decreasing their maintenance requirement. It also helps lower noise levels from pumps and fans, making them much more efficient and effective. Variable frequency drive also helps lower the motor size for a particular application and improve working environment.
- Increase in environmental concerns in the marine industry is another key driver of the market. Governments and regulatory authorities are implementing stringent regulations to minimize harmful carbon emissions from the industry. The industry is incorporating innovative technologies and solutions in order to curb its greenhouse gas emissions.
- Marine variable frequency drive provides enough required power to applications in order to prevent any excess power loss resulting in relative less power requirement and lower consumption of energy and fuel. This, in turn, decreases the carbon emission from vessels by reducing fuel consumption level and making vessels more fuel efficient.
Applications with High Range of Frequency Fluctuation can Restrain Market
- Marine variable frequency drives are efficient and capable of operating only at certain frequencies. However, power efficiency of the equipment drops when the motor’s frequency shifts away or fluctuates too often from the optimum frequency.
- Variable frequency drive can create a problem related to harmonics in electrical lines if large numbers of variable frequency drives are operating over a large fluctuation of frequencies. This phenomenon can damage sensitive electronic equipment, thereby limiting their adoption during the forecast period.
Adoption of Hybrid and Electric Propulsion to Provide New Opportunities
- Several ship manufacturers and operators are now utilizing renewable energy, including solar energy, as power option in hybrid propulsion systems. They are storing solar energy and use it during peak hours or at night in marine propulsion systems, thus eliminating the round-the-clock need for conventional marine fuel.
- Shipbuilders are also considering building fully electric propulsion vessels to curb carbon emissions and provide new opportunities to marine variable frequency drives
- Marine variable frequency drives can be used for propellers in hybrid or electric propulsion systems and can help in conserving energy during propulsion, as these propellers use 50% less energy than hydraulic variable-speed propellers and hence are more energy efficient
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Marine Variable Frequency Drives Market here
Asia Pacific Likely to Hold Majority Share of Global Marine Variable Frequency Drives Market
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to lead the global marine variable frequency drives market in the near future. It is anticipated to be followed by North America and Europe. The region is one of the prominent producers of ships and vessels and is anticipated maintain its lead during the forecast period.
- Ongoing research & development and increase in investments for marine hybrid and electric propulsion, especially in China, are likely to drive the market during the forecast period. China recently launched the first fully electric cargo ship in the world. The country plans to extend the technology to passenger and engineering ships.
- Rise in number of hybrid vessels and ships along with increase in number of yachts and recreational boats are expected to boost the demand for marine variable frequency drives market in North America and Europe
- Increase in concerns about emissions from marine industry in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is likely to drive the demand for marine variable frequency drives in these regions
Key Players in Marine Variable Frequency Drives Market:
Prominent players operating in the marine variable frequency drives market include:
- Danfoss AG
- Eaton Corporation
- Rockwell Automation, Inc.
- Invertek Drives Ltd.
Global Marine Variable Frequency Drives Market: Research Scope
Global Marine Variable Frequency Drives Market, by Type
- AC Drives
- DC Drives
Global Marine Variable Frequency Drives Market, by Voltage
- Low Voltage
- Medium Voltage
Global Marine Variable Frequency Drives Market, by Application
- Others (including HVAC Systems)
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.