Marine Turbocharger: Introduction
- Turbocharger is a device that pumps more air into an engine cylinder, making higher amount of fuel flow into the engine cylinder, and thereby increasing the engine power. It consists of a turbine, an air compressor, a shaft, and other components. Using turbocharger has allowed automakers and engine manufacturers to increase the power of an IC engine without the need to increase the cylinder capacity.
- Exhaust gases of the same engine are used to rotate the turbine of a turbocharger by which air is sucked into the turbocharger. This air is then compressed and released into the engine cylinder. This excess air causes more fuel to flow into the engine cylinder. This excess fuel improves the power of the engine, thus increasing power to weight ratio of the engine.
Key Drivers of Global Marine Turbocharger Market
- Organizations, such as European Environmental Agency, United Nations Economic Commission for Europe, and World Health Organization (WHO) have released various reports and analysis pertaining to the deteriorating air quality and its effects on the environment. As per the new data published by WHO on May 2, 2018, 9 out of 10 people worldwide breathe polluted air, causing death of over 7 million people every year.
- In order to control air pollution and address climate change, regulatory framework of government authorities, such as the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Environmental Protection UK, and China Air Pollution Control Law in China, Environment Protection Act in India, and the Air Pollution Control Act in Japan, is being adopted worldwide
- The turbocharger technology is utilized in marine engine in order to increase engine power. Ships have multiple engines for safety and increasing power. Exhaust of these multiple engines are connected to a single turbocharger turbine driven by exhaust gases. Turbochargers are designed to increase the power output of engines by increasing the amount of fuel in engine cylinders. This has enabled engine manufacturers to decrease the size of engines and obtain the required power output by installing turbochargers.
- Increase in consumption of precious metals and minerals, owing to rise in production of electronics, household utensils, and automobiles, have depleted the current mining industry. This has led to increase in search for mining resources in seas. This has led to the increased use of energy-efficient engines and turbochargers.
- Marine tourism is growing in the Americas, Europe, and Asia Pacific. This has led to an increase in sale of private and luxury boats, such as yachts, catamarans, houseboats, etc. This is fueling the demand for turbocharger-enabled boasts that offer high power delivery.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Marine Tourism Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Marine tourist destinations in Indian Ocean and Caribbean Sea, and countries in Europe and the U.S., such as Greece, France, Rome, Florida, and Hawaii, are the most attractive marine tourist destinations in the world. Several travelers from across the world visit these places every year, thus driving the tourism industry.
- Water sports, deep diving, snorkeling, and water skiing are tourist attractions. Moreover, the trend of owing a yacht or a boat is also rising, owing to increase in disposable income of the people.
- These factors have led to the increase in demand for fuel-efficient, high power marine vehicles with turbochargers, thus driving the market
Stringent Government Regulations to Hamper Global Marine Turbocharger Market
- Air pollution caused due to emissions from the automotive industry is one of the major reasons of poor air quality. This has led government organizations and regulatory authorities worldwide to impose stringent regulations on vehicles and industries to reduce air pollution. For instance, The Marine Environment Protection Committee (MEPC), within International Maritime Organization (IMO), has mandated MARPOL Annex VI, that defines engine and vessel requirements related to air pollution.
- As of January 1, 2016, engines installed on new and modified marine vessels must follow the MARPOL Annex VI in order to reduce NOX and CO2 emissions caused by IC engines. This has restricted the use of gasoline-powered engines.
- Rising trend of electrically operated marine vehicles is hampering market
North America to Dominate Global Marine Turbocharger Market
- Technological advancements, owing to R&D activities carried out by a large number OEMs and aftermarket players in the region, are key factors driving the adoption of turbochargers in marine vessels. For instance, companies such as Honeywell International Inc., ABB, etc. have developed turbochargers for use in low speed marine vehicles and high speed marine vehicles.
- There is an increase in the sales of luxury marine vessels, such as motorboats, yachts, houseboats, etc., owing to popular marine tourism destinations in the region. This, in turn, is driving the demand for turbochargers, which increase fuel efficiency and power delivery of marine vehicles.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Marine Turbocharger Market, ask for a customized report
Key Players Operating in Global Marine Turbocharger Market
The global marine turbocharger market is highly concentrated with top manufacturers. Some of the key players operating in the global marine turbocharger market are:
- Cummins Inc.
- MAN Energy Solutions
- BorgWarner Turbo Systems
- Napier Turbochargers Ltd.
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Marine Machinery & Equipment Co., Ltd.
- PBS Group, a. s.
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Main Turbo Systems, Inc.
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd.
Global Marine Turbocharger Market: Research Scope
Global Marine Turbocharger Market, by Type of Marine Vessel
Global Marine Turbocharger Market, by Component
Global Marine Turbocharger Market, by Technology
- Single Turbocharger
- Electro-assist Turbocharger
- VGT Turbocharger
Global Marine Turbocharger Market, by Manufacturer
Global Marine Turbocharger Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.