Marine Seawater Desalination Systems Market: Overview
- Marine seawater desalination systems use reverse osmosis (RO) technology to treat seawater source into fresh, safe water which can be used for drinking, bathing, food preparation, deck and exterior wash-downs, and a variety of other applications. These systems use proven technology to give reliable performance and meet the demanding requirements of the marine environment. Marine seawater desalination systems can be used on yachts, cruises as well as boats.
Key Drivers of Marine Seawater Desalination Systems Market
- Rising demand for clean water on the marine, decreasing capital and operational costs of desalination, and the need to replace older facilities with energy-efficient processes are the major factors driving the marine seawater desalination systems market
- Water reuse in maritime industry has become an increasingly important part of water resources management around the world which is driving the demand for the marine seawater desalination systems
To clarify your doubts about the report on Marine Seawater Desalination Systems Market, Request a Brochure here
High Cost of Technology Likely to Hamper Market
- The marine seawater desalination systems market is concentrated as the manufacturing technology of marine seawater desalination systems is relatively expensive. A considerable amount of CO2 is generated during marine seawater desalination process that increases carbon footprints which is likely to hinder the marine seawater desalination systems market. The effect of brine or desalination concentrate disposal is considered to be an utmost environmental concern. The brine concentration widely varies across each geography based on nature of concentrate, the degree of dilution, and surrounding aquatic biota. Strict marine regulations regarding desalinated brine discharge are anticipated to hamper the market during the forecast period.
Reverse Osmosis Projected to be Dominant Segment
- Reverse osmosis is a widely used method for seawater & brackish marine seawater desalination. The segment accounted for major share of the global marine seawater desalination systems market in 2018. In reverse osmosis separation technique, water is passed through high pressure from the concentrated to diluted side through a semi-permeable membrane which retains the solute such as salts, unwanted materials etc. Reverse osmosis can be used for a wide range of applications such as ultrapure water, boiler feed water, and wastewater treatment among which desalination of seawater and brackish water being a major application.
- Multi-stage flash (MSF) distillation is a thermal process for seawater desalination. MSF is slowly being replaced by membrane-based technologies such as reverse osmosis primarily due to high consumption of energy during the process. Multi-stage flash distillation method is also known to produce highly pure water.
Middle East & Africa Expected to Hold Large Share of Market
- In terms of region, Middle East & Africa dominated the marine seawater desalination systems market in 2018. Increasing demand for marine seawater desalination systems in Middle East and Africa is expected to drive the market for more advanced marine seawater desalination systems. Multi-stage flash distillation, which is one of the oldest processes for producing potable water, is being adopted across the Middle East & Africa up to a high extent. The Middle East & Africa shipbuilding and repairing industry is likely to witness the least impact from the global financial crisis.
- Countries such as Saudi Arabia, India, and Spain, are spending a significant amount of money in establishing desalination plants on ships, cruise, boats, and others. to meet the increasing demand for water
- Europe region dominated the shipping sector. Recently Asia Pacific region is overtaking Europe in shipping sector. As Europe has a larger shipping sector which is likely to boost the demand of the marine seawater desalination systems in the region.
- In the North America region, the U.S. represents the world’s largest cruise sector. A large number of people in the U.S. travel through cruise for recreational activities. Marine seawater desalination systems are used on cruises for removal of salt (sodium chloride) and other minerals from the sea water to make it suitable for human consumption.
- In Europe, the U.K. and Germany are the leading sub-regions of the cruise sector. Europe region is overtaking North America in terms of number of cruise passengers. Germany is a highly growing passenger transport market. Rapidly growing cruise sector in Germany is driving the demand of the marine seawater desalination systems.
- South Korea and China lead the global shipbuilding industry. Shipyards in developing countries such as Vietnam, India, Malaysia, and Brazil are witnessing an emerging trend in recent years. There is also increasing demand for shipping outfits to invest in shipyards to have some involvement in the supply chain. The growing shipbuilding in developing countries is driving the marine seawater desalination systems market.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report here
Key Players Operating in Marine Seawater Desalination Systems Market
The marine seawater desalination systems market is highly fragmented with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 45% to 50% share of the global market. Key players operating in the marine seawater desalination systems market include:
- SUEZ Water
- Doosan Corporation
- AMPAC USA
- APPLIED MEMBRANES, INC.
- Fisia Italimpianti S.p.A.
- Hyflux Ltd.
Global Marine Seawater Desalination Systems Market: Research Scope
Global Marine Seawater Desalination Systems Market, by Technology
- Reverse osmosis (RO)
- Multi-stage flash distillation (MSF)
- Multiple-effect distillation (MED)
- Electrodialysis (ED)
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.