Marine seats are used in pleasure boats, trawlers, super yachts, workboats, commercial vessels, and military crafts in the nautical world. These seats are mounted over the deck and under the deck as per the application and type of boat. Materials used in the seats are such that make them safe in the marine environment and have long lasting color and are easy to maintain. Water resistant and water proof material are used in order to protect the fiber of the seat from moisture. Expanded vinyl also known as polyvinyl chloride (PVC) is commonly used in making marine seats and cushions. Also, vinyl and polyester composite fabric stays tight on the frame and it can be made completely water proof. Contouring, backrest angle, proper dimensions, seat height, shock absorption, cushioning, and breathability, are some of the factors that make the marine seats comfortable.
The marine seats market holds immense potential, due to a combination of numerous factors such as increasing investments and research activities undertaken by prominent players of the industry to develop and upgrade products. Additionally, rising awareness about benefits of adopting advanced technologies is further contributing to the growth of the marine seats market. Increase in marine tourism and leisure activities have boosted the demand for marine seats. Growth in marine infrastructure has created opportunities for boat and small ship owners. These activities will have significant impact on the growth on the marine tourism industry which will increase the market for marine seats. Increase in trade activities has created demand for large vessels and cargo ships. These ships have large number of marine seats to accommodate the people on board. According to United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD), seaborne trade grew 4.0% from 10.3 billion tons in 2016 to 10.7 billion tons in 2017. Many manufacturers have added functional finishes to the seats which will improve the quality of the seats and increase their durability.
In recent years, manufacturers have undertaken research and development on marine seats to make it better and provide more comfort. Professional Components Ltd., a Canada based company has designed the suspension in the seats for boat and jet stream boats. The suspension absorbs the shockwave and protects people from injury and makes navigation easy for the pilot and boats.
There are some restraints and disadvantages which can affect the demand for marine seats. Marine seats require regular maintenance and cleaning. Seats made from textiles require maintenance to avoid odor and bacterial problems. The cost of marine seats has increased due to research and innovation, which may restrain the consumer from buying high priced seats. Seats made from synthetic fiber are more durable than textile fiber; however synthetic fiber is non-biodegradable which may increase industrial waste
The global marine seats market can be segmented based on product, type, application, and region. On the basis of product, the marine seats market can be classified into lounge seats, helm seats, folding seats, and others (bucket seats, revolving seat, etc.). Based on type, the marine seats market can be classified into driver seat and passenger seat. In terms of application, the marine seats market can be classified into leisure, transportation, logistics and others (tourism, fishing, etc.). Based on region, the global marine seats market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
Key players in the global marine seats market are West Marine, Quality Pacific Manufacturing, Inc., Thomas Scott Seating Ltd, Swann Systems (UK) Ltd., Springfield Marine Company, Mercury Marine, Ullman Dynamics, Tappezzeria Nautica Beggio, Todd Marine Products, and The Wise Company, Inc.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.