Marine Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Engine Market: Overview
- Marine liquefied natural gas (LNG) engine is a dual fuel engine, which operates on bunker fuel and natural gas to convert chemical energy into mechanical energy.
- Global demand for energy has been rising year after year, while oil reserves have been depleting. Around 90% of global trade is seaborne; hence, maritime transport plays an essential role in the global economy.
- Liquefied natural gas possesses cleaner burning properties. Therefore, the usage of natural gas has been rising in the marine sector. Liquefied natural gas also complies with International Maritime Organization 2020 (IMO) and International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships (MARPOL) environmental regulation. According to the IMO 2020 and MARPOL regulations, the maximum sulfur content in marine fuel should be up to 0.50%.
- The number of ships using liquefied natural gas engines has been increasing. Investments in the required infrastructure projects along the ports or shipping lanes are also rising.
- Demand for liquefied natural gas engines is rising primarily in cargo, containership, and platform supply vessels. Compared to heavy fuel oil (HFO) engine, liquefied natural gas engine reduces sulfur emissions on a large scale.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
Key Drivers of Global Marine Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Engine Market
- Demand for marine liquefied natural gas engine has been increasing owing to strict emission regulation imposed by the International Maritime Organization in order to reduce sulfur and carbon emissions
- Demand for marine alternative fuels such as liquefied natural gas has been rising, as these fuels help overcome the issues of carbon emission and depleting oil reserves. This is anticipated to boost the global marine liquefied natural gas engines market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
- In September 2018, Rolls-Royce plc launched a series of liquefied natural gas (LNG) fuelled marine engines at the SMM maritime exhibition in Hamburg. The new LNG-fuelled B36:45 engine is identical to that of the liquid-fuelled B33:45 at 600kW per cylinder at 750 rpm. The engine is available in six, eight, and nine cylinder in-line configurations. A V-12 version is in development, which would be followed by a 20-cylinder V-engine for very high-power applications.
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Marine Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Engine Market
- Based on region, the global marine liquefied natural gas (LNG) engine market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global marine liquefied natural gas (LNG) engine market in 2019, owing to rise in seaborne trade. The export of crude oil and other raw materials from North America to Asia has increased since the last few years.
- Europe is likely to hold vital share of the market during the forecast period. The region is focusing on elimination of carbon emissions by investing in various alternative energy sources.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to be highly attractive region of the global marine liquefied natural gas (LNG) engine market during the forecast period. Seaborne trade from countries such as China, India, Japan, and South Korea is rising. In 2018, 4.5 billion tons of goods were loaded, while 6.7 billion tons were unloaded in Asian seaports.
- The market in Middle East & Africa and Latin America is likely to be expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period
Key Players Operating in Market
Leading players operating in the global marine liquefied natural gas (LNG) engine market include:
- MAN Energy Solutions
- DNV GL
- Rolls-Royce plc
Global Marine Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Engine Market: Research Scope
Global Marine Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Engine Market, by Type
- Direct Gas Injection
Global Marine Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Engine Market, by Propulsion
Global Marine Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Engine Market, by End-use
- Offshore Support Vehicles
- Defense Vessels
- Cruise Ships
Global Marine Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Engine Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.